v18 Smart Playlist "Last Played" registers even when you watch 1 sec of video
Currently the Last Played field in the database is updated even when you only play 1 second of a video, this makes it not very useful in the Smart Playlist options.

The reason I would want to use this is to create a Smart Playlist that does the following.
Add TV Shows of which I have watched episodes in the last month.
The idea is that I can use that to watch an episode of show that I'm currently watching.
I was able to get a Smart Playlist that I wanted by adding In Progress to the rules
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>LazyTV Shows In Progress</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">
        <value>TV Shows</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="isnot">
        <value>LazyTV Excluded Shows</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="true" />
    <rule field="lastplayed" operator="inthelast">
        <value>45</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

I know you solved your problem, but I'm borrowing your thread because I have the same problem, but the solution is not applicable. Let me explain.

I recently created a smart playlist for movies where one of the rules is that it haven't been watched in the last two years however I encountered the same problem, because loads of movies that I haven't watched in that period of time still have a 'last played date' from 2020 or 2019 because of accidental presses and so on. Obviously I can change the date so it works with my playlist, but is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future? Just like the movie isn't marked as watched by just starting and stopping it again I don't want it to update the 'last played date' either. I even found a movie I've never even started watching that had a 'last played date' from last year.
You could try <ignoresecondsatstart> in the advancedsettings.xml https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_aut...ume_points
(2020-08-03, 00:33)FXB78 Wrote: You could try <ignoresecondsatstart> in the advancedsettings.xml https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_aut...ume_points
I also have a series of smart playlists based on Last Watched as shown in the image. That advancedsettings.xml has no effect on Last Played. It only deals with setting the Resume Point.

I also had the problem of accidentally playing a movie. I overcame that problem by changing the Default Select Action from Play to Show Information.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ect_action
Sure it requires one extra button press to play the movie, but that well offsets then trying to erase the last played dates after accidentally playing it.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-03, 00:45)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-03, 00:33)FXB78 Wrote: You could try <ignoresecondsatstart> in the advancedsettings.xml https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_aut...ume_points
I also have a series of smart playlists based on Last Watched as shown in the image. That advancedsettings.xml has no effect on Last Played. It only deals with setting the Resume Point.

I also had the problem of accidentally playing a movie. I overcame that problem by changing the Default Select Action from Play to Show Information.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ect_action
Sure it requires one extra button press to play the movie, but that well offsets then trying to erase the last played dates after accidentally playing it.

I actually did that a few minutes ago. It'll take some getting used to and was hoping there was another fix, but then I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for your input.

Do you use all those playlists as homescreen widgets? If not what widgets do you actually use?
I don't use widgets. I have added "Playlists" as a sub-menu and I can then access my playlists via the sub-menu.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-03, 00:57)Karellen Wrote: I don't use widgets. I have added "Playlists" as a sub-menu and I can then access my playlists via the sub-menu.

I see. Nevermind then.

Well, Karellen beat me to it, but I still appreciate the support. Would be nice to be able to offset it though.
(2020-08-03, 00:28)Tobby Wrote: I know you solved your problem, but I'm borrowing your thread because I have the same problem, but the solution is not applicable. Let me explain.

I recently created a smart playlist for movies where one of the rules is that it haven't been watched in the last two years however I encountered the same problem, because loads of movies that I haven't watched in that period of time still have a 'last played date' from 2020 or 2019 because of accidental presses and so on. Obviously I can change the date so it works with my playlist, but is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future? Just like the movie isn't marked as watched by just starting and stopping it again I don't want it to update the 'last played date' either. I even found a movie I've never even started watching that had a 'last played date' from last year.

To be honest my issue is also not solved, the inprogress is True as soon as the first episode of a series has been played.
Most likely it can't be solved without changing the way Kodi works.
(2020-08-03, 08:18)Rouzax Wrote:
(2020-08-03, 00:28)Tobby Wrote: I know you solved your problem, but I'm borrowing your thread because I have the same problem, but the solution is not applicable. Let me explain.

To be honest my issue is also not solved, the inprogress is True as soon as the first episode of a series has been played.
Most likely it can't be solved without changing the way Kodi works.

Too bad. You're obviously not alone on this. It would be great to change how much of the movie you had to watch for Kodi to update the last played date in the advancedsettings.xml, but who knows how much work that would be.
@Karellen, I've used the default action as show information since yesterday and it works fine with movies, but it seems to cripple the auto play next item feature (which I don't use for movies). Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug?

Sadly that makes it more of a hassle than it's worth. It also shows me the info page both when I try to enter the series and when choosing an episode which is a bit tedious.
(2020-08-04, 00:46)Tobby Wrote: but it seems to cripple the auto play next item feature (which I don't use for movies). Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug?
I don't know as I don't use the autoplay feature. (is that an addon or is that Kodi core?)

I have my TV Shows arranged by "Last Played" Descanding so the show(s) I am currently watching are at the top of the list. Then my episodes are sorted by "Play Count" Ascending, so the unwatched or least watched episodes are at the top. So all I have to do is enter the show I want to watch and hit play on the first item in the list.
My Signature
(2020-08-04, 02:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-04, 00:46)Tobby Wrote: but it seems to cripple the auto play next item feature (which I don't use for movies). Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug?
I don't know as I don't use the autoplay feature. (is that an addon or is that Kodi core?)

I have my TV Shows arranged by "Last Played" Descanding so the show(s) I am currently watching are at the top of the list. Then my episodes are sorted by "Play Count" Ascending, so the unwatched or least watched episodes are at the top. So all I have to do is enter the show I want to watch and hit play on the first item in the list.

It's Kodi core. Settings/Player/Videos/Play next video automatically just above the skipstep settings
The "Watched status toolbox" add-on may work for you. It was originally created to work around this behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist "Last Played" registers even when you watch 1 sec of video0