Bluray DVD's won't play
I am using my desktop PC and have a Bluray drive on my PC yet when I put a Bluray DVD in it will not play, and after installing KODI It gives the message Can not read disk encrypted. What is the solution to how one is allowed to play their own store purchased Bluray disks if they are encrypted and no player can read the data?
(2020-04-20, 13:54)BlackDawg01 Wrote: I am using my desktop PC and have a Bluray drive on my PC yet when I put a Bluray DVD in it will not play, and after installing KODI It gives the message Can not read disk encrypted. What is the solution to how one is allowed to play their own store purchased Bluray disks if they are encrypted and no player can read the data?

the solution is to remove the protection with dvd fab
(2020-04-21, 12:40)nino33 Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 13:54)BlackDawg01 Wrote: I am using my desktop PC and have a Bluray drive on my PC yet when I put a Bluray DVD in it will not play, and after installing KODI It gives the message Can not read disk encrypted. What is the solution to how one is allowed to play their own store purchased Bluray disks if they are encrypted and no player can read the data?

I second that recommendation. DVDFab Passkey decrypts Blu-ray discs on the fly. There are also other solutions, such as using files from MakeMKV, that you can find by searching the forums.

If you have access to an up-to-date KEYDB.cfg file, you can place that in your %APPDATA%\aacs folder. That'll let you watch AACS-protected Blu-rays without any external software. You'll still have issues with titles that use BD+, which is mostly just titles released from Fox.
(2020-04-22, 23:22)bleakassassin Wrote:

If you have access to an up-to-date KEYDB.cfg file, you can place that in your %APPDATA%\aacs folder. That'll let you watch AACS-protected Blu-rays without any external software. You'll still have issues with titles that use BD+, which is mostly just titles released from Fox. 
WHERE THIS KEY.CFQ FILE IS LOCATED
(2020-04-23, 14:37)nino33 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 23:22)bleakassassin Wrote:
(2020-04-21, 12:40)nino33 Wrote: the solution is to remove the protection with dvd fab   
I can't say. It's against forum rules.
(2020-04-23, 21:19)bleakassassin Wrote: It's against forum rules.
No, I don't think so. No rule that I am aware of.

I think it is here... C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\aacs\
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-23, 21:19)bleakassassin Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 14:37)nino33 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 23:22)bleakassassin Wrote: If you have access to an up-to-date KEYDB.cfg file, you can place that in your %APPDATA%\aacs folder. That'll let you watch AACS-protected Blu-rays without any external software. You'll still have issues with titles that use BD+, which is mostly just titles released from Fox.  
I can't say. It's against forum rules. 
tell me in a private message
(2020-04-23, 21:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-23, 21:19)bleakassassin Wrote: It's against forum rules.
No, I don't think so. No rule that I am aware of.

I think it is here... C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\aacs\ 
I'm almost certain nino33 was looking for a link to where you can find the file online, not where it's placed on a system.
(2020-04-24, 00:40)bleakassassin Wrote:
Quote:
I'm almost certain nino33 was looking for a link to where you can find the file online, not where it's placed on a system.
Ok, thanks. I misread it then. That's what happens when you don't read from the first post, sometimes comments are taken out of context Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray DVD's won't play0