• 3(current)
Fanart & Backdrops websites?
szsori Wrote:Have at trying to break it:
http://moviebackdrops.com/

I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out mainly because my design required IFRAMES, but it should be functional. I'll most likely rework it once there's a decent amount of images in there. If you run across any bugs, let me know. I'll get a forum set up for it on my site but until then just send me a PM if you find a way of breaking it.

The API is pretty simple. It's all based off IMDB's movie ids, so you just use that to form a link: http://moviebackdrops.com/backdrops/tt0443701/. That will just be a list of the fan art for the movie, tab-delimited to include the thumb.

this is awesome Smile ... finally i found a 'pac' backdrop
@Archigos: I know that is possible, I spent a lot of time making fanart and browsing for it once before. I was just thinking more along the lines of usability in the future. Say someone adds a movie to their database and there is no fanart at that time. A week later they add another movie and run the scraper again. It would be nice if the scraper would then check for fanart for that movie that didn't have it a week ago, but maybe now does, and add it in. Obviously they could just keep going to the site and typing in the IMDB ID and checking to see if any were there, download it if there is, and do the browse, but that kind of defeats the point of the scraper. I wasn't complaining, just wondering.

I'm not even sure if it is possible to do that though. I don't know what tells the scraper to lookup a file/folder or if you could even have the scraper only do the fanart part.
My understanding is when you do "Update Library" it checks for the fanart at that point if you're missing it. (I know it does it for TV Shows well checking for new episodes)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
So with the patch installed and the IMDB scraper i should be able to run "Update Library" and browse to a movie that has a fanart already uploaded to the site it will automatically come up? Does anyone know if this will be included in future XBMC builds?
Archigos Wrote:My understanding is when you do "Update Library" it checks for the fanart at that point if you're missing it. (I know it does it for TV Shows well checking for new episodes)

Has anyone tried it yet? It doesn't seem to work for me.
Hey guys...I'm gonna try and go through all the files I've got and rename them to IMDB titles tonight...I've got A-B done thus far. Szsori, I'll send you a link to the finalized badboy for bulk uploading. Big Grin
I've uploaded digitalhigh's backdrops and am in the process of uploading crni's (from Meedio). This will result in around 900 movies being covered, some of them with up to 5 backdrops already. I need to semi-manually upload about 100 more that weren't named properly, which I'll be done with in the next few days. I'm sure uploading these in a batch has created duplicates, so if you notice one please let me know. I'll be setting up a forum at TheTVDB specifically for these types of things, since other HTPC software will be using the site as well.
I just tested the movie fan function add to the svn today I was using rev14642 (windows build) it didn't seem to work for me.

I am perhaps misunderstanding its usage. I first checked http://moviebackdrops.com/ to see what fan art was available. (my collection has few fans it seems Laughso I tried "Serenity" which I was confident had fans.)

Having ascertained that fan art was available set content for the folder that containd Serenity and had a look through the IMDB scraper setting I couldn't see anything relevant.

So I hit "get movie info" scraper retrieved info and covers. there was no "get fan art" in the movie info gui so I had a look at get thumb but there was no fan art there ether.

I checked for any fan art library and file mode art but found non the log below was refresh of the same film

http://pastebin.com/m45b1a1a0

has any one else had a chance to test and got better results
It's up to the skin to display the get fanart button.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so this is planed for project mayhem 3? in the interim before this functionality being add skins how can it be tested?
I am fairly sure that AEON has get Fanart in the movies video info window. If not it would be pretty easy to edit dialogvideoinfo.xml and find the fanart control. Depending on what skin you are using it will probably be set to <visible>container.content(tvshows)</visible> or something to that effect. You could then replace that with <visible>container.content(tvshows) | container.content(movies)</visible>

That should do the trick. Cheers.
I'm not good with that kind of thing but I would like to learn would those changes be applied to the skin.xml?

as for the get fan art in Aeon its nifty but only seems to work for fan art in the movie folder or browse the network.

whereas what I assume it needs to do is for it to send the imdb ID to moviebackdrops.com and retrieve any fan art they have for that film.
marlboroman1 Wrote:I'm not good with that kind of thing but I would like to learn would those changes be applied to the skin.xml?

as for the get fan art in Aeon its nifty but only seems to work for fan art in the movie folder or browse the network.

whereas what I assume it needs to do is for it to send the imdb ID to moviebackdrops.com and retrieve any fan art they have for that film.

No, changes would be made to dialogvideoinfo.xml as I stated above. As for the get fanart button. I am *assuming* that the button does the same function, ie if there is scraped fanart it will show or you can browse for fanart. At least that is the way the call works for tvshows, so it would seem logical that it works the same for movies. So, first make sure the movie has fanart on moviebackdrops.com. Then do a refresh on the movie (make sure there are no .nfo's for the movie either that could be overriding the imdb scan), then check the fanart button to see if anything shows up. Cheers.
thanks for the info and sorry for not reading to your last post properly will take a look. I have been wondering about the possibility of adding fan art to other skins for TV now I know were to start.

I had just done a fresh install so I stared with nothing in the database I used the same movie as last time, that I had confirmed had fanart and There were no .nfo present. For whatever reason it doesn't not seem to be working it seems we must wait for some else to test, I've got nothingSmile
marlboroman1 Wrote:I just tested the movie fan function add to the svn today I was using rev14642 (windows build) it didn't seem to work for me.

I am perhaps misunderstanding its usage. I first checked http://moviebackdrops.com/ to see what fan art was available. (my collection has few fans it seems Laughso I tried "Serenity" which I was confident had fans.)

Having ascertained that fan art was available set content for the folder that containd Serenity and had a look through the IMDB scraper setting I couldn't see anything relevant.

So I hit "get movie info" scraper retrieved info and covers. there was no "get fan art" in the movie info gui so I had a look at get thumb but there was no fan art there ether.

I checked for any fan art library and file mode art but found non the log below was refresh of the same film

http://pastebin.com/m45b1a1a0

has any one else had a chance to test and got better results

I might be missing something, but are you sure that fanart is enabled in the scraper? I would go back and find the post about the patch and see if your IMDB scraper and whatever other file it was that needed to be changed have the changes. I'm pretty sure there should be an option to turn on fanart in the IMDB scraper setting (in the GUI). Also, what skin are you using? It worked fine for me in aeon.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart & Backdrops websites?0