• 13(current)
Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
(2022-03-21, 10:55)tomasiek Wrote: Is there a way to display information about the currently used audio profile? I would like to add information to the information about the file being played.

Same answer as a year ago.
Could this add-on be used to (automatically) switch audio profile based on the current add-on in use? For example, the Netflix add-on is very quiet compared to others that I use so I turn the volume up on the TV when watching something via Netflix, and then I get my ears blasted when I watch something with another add-on because I forgot to turn the volume back down again. It's... quite annoying.
LOL - I forgot I asked about it, looked at the discussions but didn't see it - thanks a lot.
(2022-03-22, 01:39)YeahWhatever Wrote: Could this add-on be used to (automatically) switch audio profile based on the current add-on in use? For example, the Netflix add-on is very quiet compared to others that I use so I turn the volume up on the TV when watching something via Netflix, and then I get my ears blasted when I watch something with another add-on because I forgot to turn the volume back down again. It's... quite annoying.
Sorry, no.  Audio Profiles looks at the audio content of a stream, that's it.  There is no meaningful way of which I am aware to tell if the stream is coming from an add-on or a local video, never mind which add-on.  Your best bet is to create a profile and then assign it to a key press on your remote so you can activate it when needed.  The wiki page has some examples of how to do that.  You can get to it by using the link in my signature to my addons, select AP, and then find the wiki link on that detail page.
(2020-11-24, 23:27)redbiro Wrote: Hi there,

Is it possible to add a "Bluetooth connected" option to the Auto Switch section?
(2021-10-29, 01:09)arfrater Wrote: Hi
I'm using Kodi on Bohdi Linux (built on Ubuntu 20.04) I can play through Bluetooth headphones by switching profile manually but is it possible to auto switch profiles when the Bluetooth headphones are turned on ?

The latest version of Bluetooth Delay addon, supports integration with Audio Profiles addon, as well as auto switch when Bluetooth headphones are connected (currently, only for Windows and Android).
I do not know, if I misunderstand the usage or if I have a feature request: ideal would be for me, to have a possibility to add audio profiles to the kodi favorites and by choosing this (e.g. via yatse) it would switch between the profiles.

Now it seems, that "clicking" on the audio-profiles symbol does pop up the availyble profiles and apply the current sound settings to that profile. This is necessary and useful when configuring the system - but for me only once. This would best be done in the settings.
Has anyone found a workaround for saving volume amplification?
Useful for late night TV and levelling sources.
Thanks
(2022-06-26, 20:34)selch Wrote: I do not know, if I misunderstand the usage or if I have a feature request: ideal would be for me, to have a possibility to add audio profiles to the kodi favorites and by choosing this (e.g. via yatse) it would switch between the profiles.

Now it seems, that "clicking" on the audio-profiles symbol does pop up the availyble profiles and apply the current sound settings to that profile. This is necessary and useful when configuring the system - but for me only once. This would best be done in the settings.
If YATSE can mimic the keyboard, you can assign keys to switch to certain profiles.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Prof...ng_Keymaps

If YATSE can run Kodi actions, you could probably even do it without the keymap.
(2022-06-26, 23:57)Jackojmi Wrote: Has anyone found a workaround for saving volume amplification?
Useful for late night TV and levelling sources.
Thanks
What work around?  There is an option in the EXTRAS section of the settings that sets volume levels are saved as part of the profile.  So if you change the volume level and save a profile, you can get back that volume level by switching to that profile.  I use this all the time.  I have a profile that runs at startup to make sure the volume is at 100%, a different one that runs when music plays that sets the volume to 80% (otherwise the music is too loud), and then an action that runs that same 100% volume profile when the GUI in "in front again" which includes when music stops.

It might be worth reading through the wiki entry, as it outlines all these settings and more:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles
I refer specifically to the "volume amplification" setting that only occurs in the osd when playing a video or music- not the volume control. This setting is really an audio compressor with makeup gain, and is useful for levelling sources from inside and outside of Kodi.

For example, I use libreelec Chrome browser to stream some content, meaning the system volume is at %100 by default, but then Kodi TV sources are too quiet without adjusting the amplifier.

Example 2 playing records, if I could level the sources inside/outside of Kodi I would not have to adjust my amplifier constantly (esp useful with kids).

I say "workaround" as this question has been addressed one before.
Thankyou
(2022-06-27, 00:22)Jackojmi Wrote: I refer specifically to the "volume amplification" setting that only occurs in the osd when playing a video or music- not the volume control. This setting is really an audio compressor with makeup gain, and is useful for levelling sources from inside and outside of Kodi.

For example, I use libreelec Chrome browser to stream some content, meaning the system volume is at %100 by default, but then Kodi TV sources are too quiet without adjusting the amplifier.

Example 2 playing records, if I could level the sources inside/outside of Kodi I would not have to adjust my amplifier constantly (esp useful with kids).

I say "workaround" as this question has been addressed one before.
Thankyou

I found my workaround: The osd menu that contains the "volume amplification" (audio compresser) has the setting "save as default for all media". What I have only just realised is that this setting saves the default for the media TYPE you are using currently (IE it's not save as default for ALL media, you can save a default for music audio and a default for video audio).

This means when I play music, my music audio profile is loaded (just a volume setting now), and the audio compressor is turned off in the osd audio setting= better audio quality.
If I play a movie or TV show, then the relevant audio profile (again just a volume level) is loaded, and the compressor is set to 20db with downmix center channel level at 15db via the osd audio save as default setting= more audible dialogue and less loud SFX (I have a 2 channel system).

While I would love to fine tune things further by having separate compressor settings for music (no comp), TV (high comp), movies (medium comp) and also a late night setting (very high comp), I can achieve most of this to a satisfactory level with Audio Profiles volume save setting, and the above 'set as default' setting, along with a remote control shortcut to the osd audio menu.
Thanks.
It may be worth clarifying this in the wiki?
Or maybe I'm just dim witted 🤷
The OSD settings are not easily accessible programmatically and thus can’t be included in profiles.
Hi everyone !

I use a Raspberry Pi4 with a justboom DAC Hat and Leia, works great.
I have a tube amp that I switch on and off with a relay and a GPIO of the Pi.
I have two ways to do that : the first with an extral unlatched swtich connected to a GPIO and the second with my phone. Both exectutes some python scripts, no problem.
Now a want the use the audioprofiles addon to do it automatically. I can switch off with the idle event, that's ok.
But to turn it on, I want to execute the task only when audio files are played back, not with movies for example.
What's the best way to do that ?

Regards.
Excuse me I use the callbacks addon for the idle event.
But I want to know if I can add something in the code of the audioprofile addon to switch my amp on automatically.
Or a solution with callbacks if you know ...

Thanks !
(2022-10-19, 16:53)Alex_1977 Wrote: Hi everyone !

I use a Raspberry Pi4 with a justboom DAC Hat and Leia, works great.
I have a tube amp that I switch on and off with a relay and a GPIO of the Pi.
I have two ways to do that : the first with an extral unlatched swtich connected to a GPIO and the second with my phone. Both exectutes some python scripts, no problem.
Now a want the use the audioprofiles addon to do it automatically. I can switch off with the idle event, that's ok.
But to turn it on, I want to execute the task only when audio files are played back, not with movies for example.
What's the best way to do that ?

Regards.
There isn't anyway to do this in Audio Profiles.  If you want to modify the code, take a look at resources/audioprofiles.py.  Specifically look at the _auto_switch_content function.  In there is most of the logic for figuring out what to do with the various kinds of things that can be playing.  You would probably need to either add some code there for your specific thing or at least use that as the start for tracing the logic to figure out where to insert you code to turn on the amp.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0