• 5(current)
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox
xb2iris Wrote:xbmc.01 u have a extractable xpr file available... want to try a few things, and ur version is already optimized...

yes, i need to send that to you... sorry for the delay Sad
ros485 Wrote:Any ideas what can cause this,,

Have you previously used Aeon? Try doing a full settings reset and set up your backgrounds again.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunate it did not resolve the issue. Any more ideas on this or how i can troubleshoot it..
Thanks
I found the solution; - I changed the backdrops to the format jpg, and resized them to 960x540. Apparently I where not the only one having this issue and I found a post around this issue, and luckily it worked for me...
Big Grin Sorry for taking so long, here's an updated mod I finished today... (finally)

http://www.filedropper.com/aeonlitemod2083008 - download here

This new "Lite" version of Aeon includes to mods to the 'Progress bar' during video playback mode and another to the full screen visualization mode ..also optimized even more textures so we xbox users can enjoy aeon in all it's glory

I use the 'full screen visualization mode' probably 70% of the time (great for parties) and I just wanted to pretty it up a bit... I used some elements from MediaStream ... such as the fonts and the 'upcoming track' feature... notice how when a vis style is 'locked' a cute lil lock icon appears to the right of the vis icon... making it really visually friendly... again these are mods i made to please myself, i don't expect everyone to like them .... enjoy...

Your fonts and design look really good, dude. Cheers!
xbmc.01 Wrote:Big Grin Sorry for taking so long, here's an updated mod I finished today... (finally)

[

Nice work xbmc.01 . One thing though, seeing as this is an xbox specific release, should the 'force xbox mode' setting be auto selected? Or has this option become redundant with this modded release?

Cheers.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
xbmc01. is it possible for you to post a unprotected verion of your xpr file as i have tilted box art for my movies and games so i like to remove the dvd cover surround as it looks wrong with my icons.

PLEASE its the only thing stopping me from using this optimized version
Cranial Wrote:Nice work xbmc.01 . One thing though, seeing as this is an xbox specific release, should the 'force xbox mode' setting be auto selected? Or has this option become redundant with this modded release?

Cheers.

Yes, it's best to enable force xbox mode, you probably should ... also another thing to keep in mind... i build this skin to run at 720p ... never tested it at another resolution ... planning on cleaning up details like this in the next release..

rudeboyx Wrote:xbmc01. is it possible for you to post a unprotected verion of your xpr file as i have tilted box art for my movies and games so i like to remove the dvd cover surround as it looks wrong with my icons.

PLEASE its the only thing stopping me from using this optimized version

wow i did it again... posted the skin with with a protected xpr file... did not mean to do that ... http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ca92...b9a8902bda download it here... planning on cleaning up all the unnecessary graphic files in the next release ... been working on that today... any chance you can post a screenshot of your titled box covers mod?... i'd like to see what it looks like
xbmc.01 Wrote:I use the 'full screen visualization mode' probably 70% of the time (great for parties) and I just wanted to pretty it up a bit... I used some elements from MediaStream ... such as the fonts and the 'upcoming track' feature... notice how when a vis style is 'locked' a cute lil lock icon appears to the right of the vis icon... making it really visually friendly... again these are mods i made to please myself, i don't expect everyone to like them .... enjoy...

I made something similar to that but stay with Aeon theme.
R111 Wrote:I made something similar to that but stay with Aeon theme.

are the ratings inherited from other apps like itunes/WMP? or can you actually rate songs via xbmc? just curious.. haven't explored the 'rating' display feature

looks good Smile
UPDATE: wow, I didn't realize how selfish I've been in optimizing this skin... I actually went through the textures one by one and realized that I really only optimized the textures that I use... I went through just now and compressed every single texture... and deleted the 'eee' textures... since this is build for 'xbox' users ... i figured it was just wasted space...

i got the textures.xpr file just under 10mb ... and still looking sharp and crisp on my 52 inch LCD TV @ 720p ...

i'm making a few more mods to this skin, and after that i'll post the updated file for download ... stay tuned
wow i did it again... posted the skin with with a protected xpr file... did not mean to do that ... http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ca92...b9a8902bda download it here... planning on cleaning up all the unnecessary graphic files in the next release ... been working on that today... any chance you can post a screenshot of your titled box covers mod?... i'd like to see what it looks like[/quote]

no problem cheers for the quick response. ill take a screen shot tonight and get it posted.
xbmc.01

dont know whats happening but i downloaded your unprotected version and xpr express still comes up with the protected error. any ideas?
as promissed xbmc.01

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox0