Icon blocking TV posters
Please see screenshot below.  The mask icon is covering a large portion of the TV show's poster.  This happens in Files view for folders that have "TV Shows" selected as content.  There is no reason for that icon to be there from what I understand.

The icon is there because there is no episode thumbnail. The poster would be behind the thumbnail.
There is a thumbnail.  Thumbnails for unwatched episodes are hidden.  It is not necessary for the mask to block the poster.
That seems to be the design choice. Try it with a watched episode.
The point of this thread is to show that this design choice doesn't work.  For unwatched episodes, showing the poster is sufficient.  Putting a mask over it makes no sense.
Maybe @DaVu might have some comment.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
IIRC we don't use that mask anymore for Kodi 19 if there's some fanart present:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15991

If there's no fanart for that item, then the mask is in use.

Edit:

I missed to mention that, if there's some fanart for that tv-show, we use the fanart instead of the mask if an episode is unwatched. Before I added the "hide unwatched"-feature, the poster was already there and the same large portion of the poster was covered by the thumbnail from that episode. So the general coverage of that poster in that view hasn't changed generally. We just decided to use something different to indicate that an episode is unwatched. You can get the "old" behavior back if you change the specific setting to show episode thumbnails but hide the plot.

@DaVu Fanart and thumbnails are two different things.  Episode thumbnails contain spoilers and are a bad idea (we had a long discussion about this about 6 years ago).  Fanart is generic for the entire series and is thus OK.
(2020-06-04, 17:48)Knocks Wrote: Fanart and thumbnails are two different things

Correct. And I mentioned "fanart" because in Kodi 19 this has changed to:

So if there's fanart for that show available, that is being used. If there's no fanart for a show, then the mask is in use. We decided to do so, because the same code (Kodi core-wise) is used on the Estuary home screen for those widgets ("recentyl added" or "in progress shows"). Please see:

So, if we would decide to only show the mask at this section then you never will be able to "see" which show was recently added. You have to read the title below. Hence we decided to also use the fanart for hiding thumbs if fanart is available. If there's no fanart avaible/provided by the scraper, then we will use the mask instead.

Skin wise, as you are on the episode-info-screen, it might be possible to use a visible condition if that show already has been watched and if not probably don't show anything. In the end it's also the same core-code which is in use to show that section (thumb, fanart or mask). I will have to check that if that's possible. Will give you a feedback over the weekend after we discussed that at the team. I can probably use a playcount-infolabel and act accordingly on that.

I will have a look
Found the section: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ml#L35-L56

At this section you see two <control type="image">. To each of them (and only to those image-control-types), please add the following line:

<visible>!Integer.IsLess(ListItem.Playcount,1)</visible>

then reload the skin and see if that matches your needs.
If you replaced masks with fanart, I think that might be a good solution.  I can't test it unfortunately, because the Google Play store is serving the 18.6 build from February.  Is it typical for the Android version to run so far behind the current stable builds?
(2020-06-05, 18:20)Knocks Wrote: Is it typical for the Android version to run so far behind the current stable builds?

No. And the image I posted is far away from a stable build. The image I posted is from a self compiled version of Kodi 19. You can test those yourself by downloading them from here: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/
That behavior is not changed for 18.7. And we are on it for releasing something newer in the foreseeable future.
(2020-06-06, 07:40)DaVu Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 18:20)Knocks Wrote: Is it typical for the Android version to run so far behind the current stable builds?

No. And the image I posted is far away from a stable build. The image I posted is from a self compiled version of Kodi 19. You can test those yourself by downloading them from here: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/
That behavior is not changed for 18.7. And we are on it for releasing something newer in the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately, sideloading Kodi on an Nvidia Shield breaks legit apps, so I'll have to stick with the Google Play version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Icon blocking TV posters0