• 12(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2021-01-25, 00:28)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:  

Shipping details would have been sent via a separate dispatch email.
As mentioned previously, you may wish to re-open a ticket if replying via the web interface; otherwise it will be seen as closed / no follow up required.

Thanks

Sam

Dear Sam,
I'm not sure this is the right place to discuss "my" problem further, but I would like to let you know that I have no news of any shipment at this time.
For your information, this morning (not yesterday, nor the previous days) the ticket is closed on your side, as you indicated yesterday: this has never been the case before. Anyway, I will answer the history by email to reopen it and ask you for news.
Thank you very much.
(2021-01-25, 12:07)Sinisan Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 10:46)noggin Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 00:14)Sinisan Wrote: But please be careful : if you have any problem, OSMC will ask you first to remove any skin, put a final release OS (so you will not be able to watch 3D MVC file..) and remove things you add.
That's entirely understandable and to be expected. If an equipment manufacturer/supplier wants to see if there is a hardware fault with their product, they will want to take it to a standard software configuration and set-up, so they can compare with the same system they have. Running the latest software and a base configuration makes total sense if you are trying to fault-find - it means you are in a 'known good' starting point that matches the systems the manufacturer/supplier has.  Skis and Add-Ons can make a massive impact on device performance - and functionality - so it's understandable that a support request would want to start at a standard, fixed point (standard skin, latest OS release etc.) to nail down whether the issue is with hardware.

I don't think Sam is saying you must run that version of the OS all the time - just that for fault finding remotely, that's the best route to take.

It's kind of the equivalent of doing a 'Factory Reset' which lots of consumer electronics companies ask you to do when fault finding with their support departments.
Dear noggin,

thank you very much for your help... but I have to say that I (and probably we) already knew that. Of course, there is history (the tests, the results, the answers… and the conclusions) you don't know.

I just want to warn people about the fact that for the moment, it looks for me a bit "unprecise" (gentle euphemism) to write that "yes, the Vero 4K+ is able to read 3D MVC files", for example.

There are a number of users using 3D MVC capabilities on this device without issue. When v19 is released this will be part of a standard build.

Sam
Updated the thread title.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2021-01-25, 12:07)Sinisan Wrote: I just want to warn people about the fact that for the moment, it looks for me a bit "unprecise" (gentle euphemism) to write that "yes, the Vero 4K+ is able to read 3D MVC files", for example.
There are certainly things one can criticise about the Vero 4K+. I have been known to criticise it myself, at great length - see post #3 in this very thread for examples. But what you say here doesn't strike me as a valid criticism. Yes, you need to install a beta version of the software to get 3D playback; yes, there are still a few issues on a few titles - notably the macro-blocking problem. But these are relatively minor issues, and well-documented: no one is trying to hide anything. And to suggest that it can't really handle MVC 3D is a serious overstatement.
(2020-12-03, 20:58)hdmkv Wrote: Once the occasional macroblocking issue affecting the few 3D titles is fixed, Vero 4K+ will be the perfect Kodi 3D player.
There is at least one other outstanding issue with 3D that I'm aware of: with some titles, if the file is in 3D ISO format, the first time you skip forwards or backwards during playback, everything freezes up for anything up to a minute before playback resumes. Second and subsequent skips aren't a problem. I've only seen this happen on a couple of films (Avatar and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), and it's easy enough to avoid by ripping to MKV rather than ISO, but something to be aware of.

If you're really nitpicking, there are also some very rare instances where subtitle display-depth may be incorrect if the file is in ISO or M2TS format - but this really is rare and again you eliminate the problem (such as it is) by ripping to MKV.

Overall it's looking very nice for 3D. It might be placebo effect, but I think the image quality is a fraction better than on the Pi 3. And I was also delighted to find that it plays 3D subtitles correctly on the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode (The Day of the Doctor) where, using the original disk, the subtitles play in 2D on my Oppo player!
(2021-01-25, 16:09)Shasarak Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 12:07)Sinisan Wrote: I just want to warn people about the fact that for the moment, it looks for me a bit "unprecise" (gentle euphemism) to write that "yes, the Vero 4K+ is able to read 3D MVC files", for example.
There are certainly things one can criticise about the Vero 4K+. I have been known to criticise it myself, at great length - see post #3 in this very thread for examples. But what you say here doesn't strike me as a valid criticism. Yes, you need to install a beta version of the software to get 3D playback; yes, there are still a few issues on a few titles - notably the macro-blocking problem. But these are relatively minor issues, and well-documented: no one is trying to hide anything. And to suggest that it can't really handle MVC 3D is a serious overstatement.

You should read more carefully before criticizing what I wrote. « But these are relatively minor issues, and well-documented: no one is trying to hide anything. ». The problem is not here, please read again.
« And to suggest that it can't really handle MVC 3D is a serious overstatement. » : It’s your opinion. For the moment, it’s a beta version you have to remove if you have any problem, or you have no support.

I’ll stop to answer here about that : I hope to have some news from the new Vero (this was the suggestion from Sam) one day, and will be happy to say how happy I am, one day. I’m sure everything will be ok one day. Wait and see. For now, I bought a box several months ago, I had a lot of problems, I wasted a lot of time doing the same tests several times, I sent it in exchange a month ago, and I have no news about an expected date for receiving (or even shipping) the new one. Indeed, I'm a bit upset, not so much about the substance as about the form.
(2021-01-25, 21:01)Sinisan Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 16:09)Shasarak Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 12:07)Sinisan Wrote: For the moment, it’s a beta version you have to remove if you have any problem, or you have no support.
This is not the case -- support is provided for the 4.9 video stack and 3D builds and we have been providing support for these builds for several months now. For support when using these builds, there are appropriate forum threads to report issues and seek help.  We do however state that it is not yet released as a stable release and there may be some issues. We are interested in fixing any outstanding issues so these changes can be made part of the stable Kodi v19 (Matrix) release.

To troubleshoot the overheating issues, we recommended that you try a clean installation of OSMC to rule out some potential causes of this issue. I have explained in my previous post in more detail why we requested this.

We have already shipped you a new device and power supply (Friday) after having tested everything thoroughly. This was as quick as we could ship a replacement, as we had been awaiting new stock as you requested that you wanted a new device and not the device that we had previously shipped to you. 

We didn't request the PSU that you were using to be returned, so I don't have it at hand but there was no fault found with the device you returned, so I would conclude that the issue arose from the PSU itself.

The item was handed to LaPoste earlier today and will be with you shortly. I’ll follow up with you when it arrives to make sure everything works as expected and apologise that you experienced issues with your initial order.

Any questions let me know.

Sam
Hello Vero4K+ users !! 

i just received it today, it's work perfectly in 3D with the last linux kernel. (tahnks for it sam_nazaro) :-) 

But i would like to know two things please: 
- i would like to copy picture from my PC workgroup file explorer to make some back screen mroe nice. I can't find the way .. (i'm in windows 10) . Any help ? 

- if i shut off kodi, i can put it on. The only way is to plugg the power off and on. I'm ok to let it alsways on but when i change the HDMI source, i can't come back to it (the screen is black on my LG and i have a no source message). Is it something to do ? 

Many thanks
(2021-01-29, 15:41)billythekid13 Wrote: Hello Vero4K+ users !! 

i just received it today, it's work perfectly in 3D with the last linux kernel. (tahnks for it sam_nazaro) :-) 

But i would like to know two things please: 
- i would like to copy picture from my PC workgroup file explorer to make some back screen mroe nice. I can't find the way .. (i'm in windows 10) . Any help ? 

- if i shut off kodi, i can put it on. The only way is to plugg the power off and on. I'm ok to let it alsways on but when i change the HDMI source, i can't come back to it (the screen is black on my LG and i have a no source message). Is it something to do ? 

Many thanks

Hi

Glad to hear that it's working as expected.
  1. See https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/transferrin...ing-files/. Installing file sharing services like Samba is probably overkill. 
  2. Choose Power -> Suspend instead of Power -> Shut Down. You can then wake the device by pressing any button your remote
Cheers

Sam
Super ,i'll test all of it many many thanks
All work fine !! Filezilla, and suspend !! 

Many many thanks Sam-Nazaro

I just have to parameter the CEC TV power off to suspend the Vero 4K+ (i think in CEC command, i 'll check). 

Just a little thing: yesterday i was watching a x265 movie, my network is Gigabit and, sometime the film lost some images (a little jump) . I read in full res, at 60hz. Perhap's i have to put it back to 50 as it was in Vero ? 
Some body know ? 

KR

Olivier
(2021-01-30, 18:34)billythekid13 Wrote: All work fine !! Filezilla, and suspend !! 

Many many thanks Sam-Nazaro

I just have to parameter the CEC TV power off to suspend the Vero 4K+ (i think in CEC command, i 'll check). 

Just a little thing: yesterday i was watching a x265 movie, my network is Gigabit and, sometime the film lost some images (a little jump) . I read in full res, at 60hz. Perhap's i have to put it back to 50 as it was in Vero ? 
Some body know ? 

KR

Olivier

It's best to start a forum post on the OSMC website with logs.
From the sounds of it though, you don't have Adjust Refresh Rate set to Always, which you should if you want a smooth playback
ok sorry, i'll do it if any issue of configuration.

Thanks for refresh rate info :-) 

KR
Hello, sorry to post a new post here, i hope it's the right place because.  Going deeper on 3D reading, i have a problem now with the readind of ISO 3D. 

On some ISO (example: Hobbit 2 part 1 or avatar, not in valerian) when i tried to FFward the film it's can take some long minute before working (the image freez for a while (5mn!!) and after then film go further). 

I don't understand why it take those long (to long) minute ... 

Any advice ? 

Many thanks
(2021-01-31, 12:52)billythekid13 Wrote: Hello, sorry to post a new post here, i hope it's the right place because. 
In general you're probably better off raising support issues on the OSMC forums: https://discourse.osmc.tv/

(2021-01-31, 12:52)billythekid13 Wrote: Going deeper on 3D reading, i have a problem now with the readind of ISO 3D. 

On some ISO (example: Hobbit 2 part 1 or avatar, not in valerian) when i tried to FFward the film it's can take some long minute before working (the image freez for a while (5mn!!) and after then film go further). 

I'm not an OSMC person myself, so my knowledge may well not be up to date, but this sounds like an issue that was reported last Autumn, and which, as far as I'm aware, is still outstanding. Back then it sounded like fixing it was going to be quite complicated: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/testing-linu...84874/1280

If it is that issue, you could work around it by ripping the film to .MKV format rather than storing it as an ISO.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1