Add-on request: A Kodi add-on that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes
Hello, guys! I have a bunch of VHS tapes from the 90s around the house and I have gotten to the point where I have gotten tired of popping them into my VCR. I want to convert them into MP4 files (In other words, rip/digitize the VHS tapes) so, I can play them as MP4 video files on my computer instead. I read online that you need a USB converter device in order to rip/digitize VHS tapes. I do not have a USB converter device. I also found out that another way you can rip/digitize VHS tapes is by ripping/digitizing them using a digital camcorder. I have a digital camcorder but I lost the data transfer cable and the AV IN cable for it. I have an Android TV. I think it would be convenient if there was a Kodi add-on made that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes. I think it would be possible for this Kodi add-on to be made given the fact that a TV tuner is needed to rip VHS tapes and TVs have TV tuners inside of them. Another reason why I think it would be possible for this Kodi add-on to be made is because Android TVs have RCA ports on them (I am talking about those infamous red, white, and yellow AV ports. When a VCR is plugged into the Android TV using an RCA cable (https://s.yimg.com/aah/outletpc/6ft-rca-...low-44.jpg), the signal from the VCR can be sent to the TV.). The reason why I mentioned Android TVs in this post is because the Android TV OS is the only Smart TV OS that has a Kodi app made for it (I could be wrong. Correct me if I am wrong, my fellow Redditors.). I would code a Kodi add-on that does this myself but coding is not my favorite part of IT and I don't know how to code. I would like for one of you developers to create this add-on. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Add-on request: A Kodi add-on that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes - by v1ntagetechl0ver - 2020-06-27, 08:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on request: A Kodi add-on that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes0