Add-on request: A Kodi add-on that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes
I may be wrong - but I don't think this is possible, as AIUI the Android TV OS on smart TVs doesn't have access to the video being fed via AV inputs, so can't compress and record it.  If the TVs allowed this it would be a major route to piracy, so it's not in TV manufacturer's interests to enable it?  I may be wrong - but I don't think they have access to uncompressed YUV video - though it may pass through their chipsets for overlay purposes.

Some Android TVs do allow PVR functionality from their internal digital tuners, but this is by recording the transport streams from the DVB tuner subsystems prior to MPEG2/h.264/h.265 decoding - which is a very different route - and for which DTCP or similar protection is defined and implemented to ensure that those recordings can't be read by other devices than the TV that recorded them. They don't allow recording from their analogue tuners or AV inputs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add-on request: A Kodi add-on that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes - by noggin - 2020-06-27, 08:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on request: A Kodi add-on that enables Android TVs to rip/digitize VHS tapes0