Linux How to change the background image in Aeon MQ 8
I'm struggling to figure out how to change the background image displayed for each menu item. The defaults are nice, but I use Kodi to access streaming add-ons, so I don't need the menu item going to a database of videos. Instead, I have changed it to go to the video add-ons. Unfortunately, this sets the background to be the settings image.

I tried the composition items, but it seems to be only for adding an extra image on top of the existing background, and the settings image is still there.

If I go right, I get into the submenu configuration, and there is "change backdrop" under "customize main menu." Unfortunately, when I select that, I can only choose home folder or root filesystem. Under the home folder it shows nothing, because all of kodi is under .kodi, and files and directories that begin with . are hidden. With no way to unhide, or enter a directory, how can I get to these images?
Sorry, I figured it out. First I created a symlink in my home directory to get around the hidden directory limitation. Then I didn't realize there were more configuration items beyond the composition items, as I didn't notice the scroll bar. So I found the background setting for the main menu, and am able to navigate to the images.
Thread moved to Aeon MQ section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change the background image in Aeon MQ 80