Library View - Locked?
either library view lock isn't working or i'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to work..... i'm using "horizontal menu | multiple widgets" home layout and have about 20 movie categories, each one with different home widgets which are displayed when i focus on a category... when i click a category i'm taken to the movies that i've defined for that category and have set the layout to "poster wall".... if i lock this view and go to a different category, shouldn't i be be able to select a different layout without the another category's locked layout being changed? what's happening in my case is that changing a category layout automatically changes all other category layouts to the same layout, regardless if i've locked other category layouts or not.... is this a known bug? am i doing something wrong? any help would be appreciated!
Probably not, because imagine you want the same view for all categories (which would be the most likely scenario), you wouldn't want to set them all individually.
(2020-07-06, 14:20)FXB78 Wrote: Probably not, because imagine you want the same view for all categories (which would be the most likely scenario), you wouldn't want to set them all individually.

thanks for your response but i don't quite understand what you're saying.... can each menu item library be setup to have a different layout? for example, if i have two categories, action and drama, can i set action up with a poster wall layout and drama with a list layout? isn't that what the lock option is for? to make sure these layouts aren't changed based on another category's layout?
I don't know, usually it would be something like this: TV Show (list)->Season(Poster)->Episodes(Media Info). In this example all Seasons for all shows will show Poster view, as I said you wouldn't generally want to change it for every show. Whether this can be overridden on an individual basis is something I've never tried. Locking the view would just presumably lock it for that 'level', so Season/Episodes etc level.

In your example it would be something like Movies (List)->Categories(Poster)->Titles(List)... or however it has been set by the user. I don't know if individual Categories can be set, it's not something that I'd think would generally be done.
I'm pretty sure that the locking doesn't work the way you think it does.  The lock locks the view for the library type (at least I'm pretty sure), not the category.  So if you set the view a genre of movies and then lock it, I believe the view will be locked for all movies.  If you want to have different views for different movies, you need to unlock the views and set them individually.

All that is off the top of my head, as I don't have enough movies on my test setup to try to duplicate what you're doing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library View - Locked?0