Amazon Firetv 2nd Gen - H264 & MPEG-4 Balancing Act
BOX: Amazon Fire TV Second Gen (4K)
KODI VERSION: 18.7 (64bit)

Hi folks, been an absolute age since Ive been around these parts! 
Anywhoo I digress, something which has been bugging me for a while and that is mpeg-4 (avi) content.

In a nutshell, in order for my mpeg-4 (avi) content to play without stuttering, I have to turn off both of the Hardware acceleration switches within the Kodi player settings
This allows for  mpeg-4 (avi) and h264 1080P (mkv) content to play smoothly.

However, just snagged a nice new LG 75UM7050PLA 75 inch UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV and noticed that when playing h-264 4K (mkv) content, it stutters until turning back on the hardware acceleration switches.
Whilst most of my content is a mix of SD 480p  and HD 1080p, again having the hardware acceleration switches off is the sweet spot.

Its annoying that hardware acceleration makes mpeg-4 content stutter, surely there has to be a tweak to allow for smooth playback of mpeg-4 with hardware acceleration turned on?
My question is this, is there a settings combination which will allow smooth playback of both 4k h-264 and 480p mpeg-4?
Read the following thread about Android Kodi’s decodefilter.xml:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344752

I/we tried to get some simple, real easy to use Android Kodi Leia User Interface toggles added for tricky mpeg4 & mpeg2 a while ago now but the Android Kodi codebase masters said NO.

Linux Kodi (CoreELEC / OSMC / LibreELEC) and the old SPMC has such easy to use functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Firetv 2nd Gen - H264 & MPEG-4 Balancing Act0