MS Defender blocks the KODI 18.8 installer
Anyone can say something about this ?? A moment ago I downloaded KODI version 18.8 from kodi.tv - to be installed. MS Defender blocks it by detecting "something like this": Trojan: Win32 / Spursint.Q! Cl. Smart screen also blocks the application from starting. This is some error / coincidence or just some code changes.
False positive, happens all the time on new releases. See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2676142
Same warning here with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Browser.

Sorry, but I forgot to post the warning in english:

Chrome says: This file cannot be downloaded safely.
Edge Browser says: This file has been blocked because it could damage your device.
The problem is coming from an unsigned executable.
And I'm really wondering why the Kodi 18.8 installation file is not signed, when all previous installation files, from memory, were correctly signed.
This is definitely not a good security practice as files on mirrors may be compromised. Then how to assess that execution files are genuine?

I have not installed this latest version because this honestly scares me a lot. It would be great to get an official team member feedback on this matter Smile
We have never signed the Windows executables. My understanding is that some hash compare is done so mirrors can never serve replaced files. If you've still doubtful then the web icon to far right takes you to http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/windows/...mirrorlist which listshould the hashes so you can self check if you're that paranoid.
Thank you jjd-uk, I'm proceeding with installation Smile
I can't remember getting those messages with Chrome/Firefox/MS Defender and previous Kodi installation files, those applications have surely been updated to be more careful about unsigned software

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MS Defender blocks the KODI 18.8 installer0