Log spam from JSON query
I have a script that runs when home window is activated to show album widgets.  The script only shows 15 widgets, but uses a JSON call GetAlbumsByWhere query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview  WHERE albumview.strReleaseType = 'album' ORDER BY albumview.idAlbum

The problem is this spams my log with GetSongsByWhereJSON entiries.  Is there any way to cut down the amount of these log entries?

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix
Leia see: 304472
My first thought is that you are using skin helper service - that is verbose/uses lots of JSON, and I can't quite make sense of what you are saying (GetAlbumsByWhere isn't a JSON call, and the JSON calls that use it don't also use GetSongsByWhereJSON).

Can you clarify the JSON used, and/or let me have a log snippet that shows what you mean.
What happens is for testing I created a large album smart playlist (928 items).  The script creates 12  random widgets of albums from the PLAYLIST path and filename via
Code:
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "%s", "media": "music", "properties": ["dateadded"], "sort": {"method": "random"}}, "id": 1}' %(PLAYLIST))

When that call is made what is getting logged
Code:
T:11720   DEBUG <general>: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview  WHERE albumview.strReleaseType = 'album' ORDER BY albumview.idAlbum

T:11720   DEBUG <general>: CMusicDatabase::GetSongsByWhereJSON query: SELECT sv.*, song_artist.idArtist AS idArtist FROM (SELECT song.idSong, strTitle FROM song  WHERE song.idAlbum = 795 ORDER BY song.idSong) AS sv JOIN song_artist ON song_artist.idSong = sv.idSong AND song_artist.idRole = 1 GROUP BY sv.idSong, song_artist.idArtist ORDER BY sv.idSong, song_artist.iOrder

T:11720   DEBUG <general>: CMusicDatabase::GetSongsByWhereJSON - query took 1 ms

The last 2 GetSongsByWhere repeat 100s of times as it iterates through all the albums (I assume -- the idAlbum is different in each logged line).  I guess I could write something to strip out those lines form the logs, in the mean time pare down the playlist.  Note it's only a problem for reading through logs trying to find things among all those query logged lines.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix
Leia see: 304472
I can't reproduce the database queries and  logging you are seeing, best give example of %(PLAYLIST) @scott967. I can't think what Files.GetDirectory request you give an album query followed by song queries for each album

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Log spam from JSON query0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.