Can't seem to figure out how to share favourites and playlists
Hi,
I've set up Kodi to share the libraries across 2 machines using mysql but I can't seem to figure out how to share favourites and playlists.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

This is what I've added to the advancedsettings.xml:
xml:

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
                <from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
                <to>smb://192.168.0.50/osmc/kodi/userdata/playlists/</to>
          </substitute>
        <substitute>
                <from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
                <to>smb://192.168.0.50/osmc/kodi/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
          </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
My main machine is a Vero 4k+ which also holds the mysql library.  It has a fixed address of 192.168.0.50.  My second machine is a Win10 computer.  If I use Windows Explorer to find the userdata folder address on the Vero 4k+, it gives me \\OSMC\osmc\.kodi\userdata so that's how I got smb://192.168.0.50/osmc/kodi/userdata.  FWIW, my media files are on a simple file server (RPi4 + external hard drive, fixed 192.168.0.55).

It all works insofar that if I watch a movie on one machine, it updates the second one.  I just can't seem to get the favourites and playlists to sync across.  Can anyone suggest any tips to fix this?

TIA Smile
(2020-08-04, 11:44)dubwat Wrote: Can anyone suggest any tips to fix this?

Your post is not intended for the MySQL Wiki thread, so I've split it up into a new one.
Is that exactly as the advancedsettings.xml is or is there a mistake in the copy & paste? as you are missing a full stop for the .kodi folder in the OSMC path you are substituting to.

So

xml:
<to>smb://192.168.0.50/osmc/kodi/userdata/playlists/</to>

should be

xml:
<to>smb://192.168.0.50/osmc/.kodi/userdata/playlists/</to>
Yep, I didn't add the dot in .kodi.  I can't remember my logic at the time.  So I corrected that and it still didn't work.  But I was getting an "error: file exists" message.  So a bit of digging suggested it was an access/password problem.
So I added a username/password to the advancedsettings file { <to>smb://username:password@192.168.0.50/osmc/.kodi/userdata/favourites.xml</to> }

So everything works now.  Thanks a lot, guys!

Have a great afternoon Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't seem to figure out how to share favourites and playlists0