v18 Kodi 18.8 Video Playback distorted or garbled with green banding
Hello All,

Recently updated to v18.8 from 17.3. Didnt really use the 4K media much on 17.3, however since now I have some test files to check , I tried to play them without much success.

My setup is :

1. Dell Studio Hybrid 140G Intel C2D T9500 CPU
2. Windows 10x64
3. External GPU via connected via internal mini PCIE riser port. 
4. XFX AMD RX 550 GPU (input to Onkyo AV)
5. Onkyo AV TXNR575E (output to LCD TV)
6. Samsung UA50HU7000R LCD TV
7. Branded HDMI cables which run fine for other media players for 4K display. (Havent tried them on HDR content as yet)

All above equipment as per my best understanding is 4K capable. 

Windows GUI is set to 1920x1080 mode. The problem faced is that all media (either HD or 4K) runs fine in the native 1920x1080p mode.

When I try to run any 4K content either :

1. It runs fine in the native 1920x1080p mode .
2. If i enable the Adjust Display Rate and Match Playback to Display rate while running 4K, all i get is a distorted green banded playback. 
3. I have tried various combinations of the Kodi options however unable to remedy the situation.
4. 4K also have a problem of showing washed out colors, either with full or limited RGB option for colors in Kodi config. 

I have made a video to show the problem faced. I have also tried to run 4K content via Roku media player to show that all equipment setup, inter-connects and HDMI cables used are capable to show 4K content correctly. 

In the video the specification of the input video signal is also shown from LCD TV and Onkyo AV to double check they are actually receiving the 4K signal stream. 

Appreciate if you can have a look at the problem faced and suggest possible fixed and remedies.

Thanks.
Next time, please don't add music, it's too distracting (at least for me). Your video is not supposed to be an intro for the newest TV talent show.
(2020-08-08, 19:02)Klojum Wrote: Next time, please don't add music, it's too distracting (at least for me). Your video is not supposed to be an intro for the newest TV talent show.
Sure good observation. Didn't think it would be distracting. Well I guess different storkes for different folks.

Any possible suggestions or solutions vectors of thought for the described problem.

Appreciate your input.
Any clues anyone ? Appreciate your support.
I think we would need to see a debug log from Kodi start to when a 4k is being played.

scott s.
(2020-08-11, 02:19)scott967 Wrote: I think we would need to see a debug log from Kodi start to when a 4k is being played.

scott s.

Sure I would be able to provide that. Can you please just guide me about how to capture logs in general and send you exact logs for that point in time when the playback starts.
(2020-08-13, 12:27)HyperEscape Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 02:19)scott967 Wrote: I think we would need to see a debug log from Kodi start to when a 4k is being played.

scott s.

Sure I would be able to provide that. Can you please just guide me about how to capture logs in general and send you exact logs for that point in time when the playback starts.
log file in general turn on debug logging in the system settings exit and restart Kodi then start playing the problem file then exit and upload the log to the hastebin site. Just need enough to see Kodi loading and and the file start to play.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.8 Video Playback distorted or garbled with green banding0