Synology Moments
Hi all,

For a while I've been browsing the web looking for a Kodi add-on which allows to browse your photos stored on your Synology NAS. Because I couldn't find any, I made my own, referenced below. If you own one of these devices, you'll know that since the use of the Moments app, photos and videos are no longer stored in a very structured way. A typical scenario is one in which the photos are dumped in the Moments folder and albums are created through the Moments app. This however means that simply mounting your NAS is not good enough when you want to view your albums, as these albums are not really there, rather Moments keeps track of which photos belong to which album and stores this in a database.

To still have the ability to browse your albums as you would using the web interface, I created the add-on which can be found here:
https://github.com/Quark987/plugin.video.moments

What this add-on does, is to query the Synology NAS Moments database and show the results in a structure very similar to the one found on the Moments app.

There is one issue which annoys me still, which is that once a picture is in full-screen mode, I can no longer navigate using the arrow keys. This is because when creating the add-on, you need to choose between creating a video or image add-on. As the media content is mixed, I opted for video, because of which the listitems that link to images are not clickable. To still be able to show images full screen, I added an action to each image listitem which executes
python:
xbmc.executebuiltin('ShowPicture("{0}")'.format(url))

Aside from this issue, I think the add-on as such is well usable. You can log in, list all albums, browse each album and play videos or show images full screen.

Thanks to anyone willing to debug this add-on and providing pointers to fixing the mentioned issue.
Update: I moved from a video addon to an image addon. There were several issues that had to be resolved, but tackling these each at a time, I now finally have a plugin which allows to show both photos and videos. To install this add-on, go to the same repository as before, download as zip and in kodi select to 'install from zip file'. Should any bugs arise, please let me know.

Enjoy!
Hi - great addon, thank you!

I can view albums just fine, but have had no luck trying to open any and view the photos within. This also applies to anything auto-tagged, locations etc.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology Moments0