"cannot connect to remote server" ... for the upteenth time in Helix v14
W7. Had not used Kodi for some time (new movies, watching from PC). Had used it a little to watch through tv box (stream movies from main PC to android tv box with android version of Kodi). Started again, got some more movies, but Kodi "cannot connect to remote server". Tried several times/days, installed latest version (originally had 14.2... - I found it more practical), re-installed 14.2, nothing.

Netword is all wired (UTP), internet is fine, Kodi is excempt in Win7 Firewall (2 entries, one excempt from private network, one from public).

Could someone help, please?

Cannot figure out how to post the log, I saw the red message below, I pasted the log where it links and clicked on save. If I need to do it differently please let me know. Thnx
When you paste and save the log, it should give you a url (and the url in the address bar of the browser will change too). We need that URL pasted here so the log can be viewed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-02, 12:45)DarrenHill Wrote: When you paste and save the log, it should give you a url (and the url in the address bar of the browser will change too). We need that URL pasted here so the log can be viewed.

https://paste.kodi.tv/roquzeyega.kodi

Is this OK?
To access the log yes, although you don't have debug logging enabled so its content is a bit limited.

For that, go to settings > system > logging > enable debug logging (top entry on the right hand side menu).

But is there any reason why you're running such an ancient version of Kodi? You're on 14.2, and the current stable release version is 18.8 . We don't generally support such old versions, are you able to update to the current one?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
New log (of same behavior) after I pasted my old user data into the new 14.2 installation (Kodi should have been the same but not).

https://paste.kodi.tv/ubuwuhamiy.kodi
You've still not got debug logging enabled. See my previous post - enable that, restart Kodi and then do whatever you need to do to show the problem then upload that log (and you can then turn off logging afterwards).

Why are you using the ancient version of Kodi though?

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-02, 13:01)DarrenHill Wrote: To access the log yes, although you don't have debug logging enabled so its content is a bit limited.

For that, go to settings > system > logging > enable debug logging (top entry on the right hand side menu).

But is there any reason why you're running such an ancient version of Kodi? You're on 14.2, and the current stable release version is 18.8 . We don't generally support such old versions, are you able to update to the current one?
Sorry, replied before seeing your post. I find 14.2 more simple to use. I know Leia is more fancy and I am certain more secure and with additional features. Maybe I am just too old a dog... I tried Leia and it was the same, as far as "cannot connect..." was concerned. If needed I will reinstall Leia and post the log.
Probably this, but a Debug Log will show it better.
Quote: 14:00:08 T:5268 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Here it goes:

https://paste.kodi.tv/axulaqevat.kodi
v14.2 is too old too old to continue scraping at TheMovieDB.

TheMovieDB uses TLS v1.1, but your version of Kodi is using TLS v1.0

Read more here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2972712
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Looks like the old dog may need to learn a new trick or two Wink

You can maybe try a portable mode (wiki) install of Leia in parallel and see if it fixes the issue (and you can get comfortable with it and migrate your old settings across).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-02, 13:32)DarrenHill Wrote: Looks like the old dog may need to learn a new trick or two Wink

You can maybe try a portable mode (wiki) install of Leia in parallel and see if it fixes the issue (and you can get comfortable with it and migrate your old settings across).

Old dog tried updating to leia and got the same (cannot connect...). I will reinstall & post the leia log.

Out of curiosity, when did this change (TLS1.0 to TLS 1.1)?
Make sure the scrapers are fully up to date too after the upgrade.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-02, 13:44)Georg Wrote: Old dog tried updating to leia and got the same
Woof...and it's time to latch onto a new boneSmile Keep the Leia installation, still might be your firewall, each instillation needs it's own permissions. As others have already said, Kodi 14 is water under the bridge, all the scrapers have been re-manufactured as target web sites change their behaviour, same goes for add-ons and looking back I can't think of one add-on that still holds up.

The suggestion for portable mode is a good one (to protect your precious), install it [don't launch it] make a shortcut on the desktop and put this in the icon properties as your target  "C:\Kodi-Leia\Kodi\kodi.exe -p " obviously correct the path if needed [it's the -p switch that does the deed]. Those debug logs need logging turned on to be more useful.
Aouuuuu...!
Got me a new bone but it must be chicken. Every bite I take leaves thorny edges.

Bit the bullet h installed Leia. As usual a lot of user data did not carry over but that is the least of my concerns. I chose amber-white-small letters (don't like the color but it's less in my face).

I can now connect to the movie database (missing quite a few, although in 14.2 worked great) and the universal scraper.

Out of curiosity: using my old sources & playlists leia did not read subdirectories (4k were in 4k subdirectory of movie directories). I have moved everything into main directories now.

Very important to me: how can I make movie sorting to follow file name rather than title? I need it so sequels appear together. I don't want them as a set because I will only see the set rather than the 5 movies.

In movies where the posters run along the bottom, scrolling left-right & trying to right-click on one is very frustrating: scrolling with yhe mouse wheel or left-right arrows is ok. But if I move the mouse to bring the cursor over a poster to right-click>information is very inconsistent. Moving the mouse scrolls the posters. It's like hunting a poster that can perform evasive manoeuvres. Is this normal?

That's it for now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cannot connect to remote server" ... for the upteenth time in Helix v140