Skip Intro
I notice that "Skip Intro" option , is a fairly new feature added to "Plex" , which is very useful when your binge watching a series and don't want to sit thru 2 minutes of opening credits multiple times. I wonder if this could be integrated in kodi ?
I haven't actually seen this feature on Plex myself, but must must admit I quite like using the feature when using both the Netflix and Amazon addons in Kodi. What's quite annoying for both addons though is the Skip button appears on top of the OSD, so doesn't display correctly, but that might just be a skin issue.
If Plex have the feature working for regular library content, I guess there must be a way to identify the opening credits and previous episode summary. If that's the case, I would also like to see this functionality added to Kodi.
This was started as a 2019 GSOC project but I don't think it ever got to a finished state, see https://github.com/xbmc/notrobro
Ahh, that's a shame. Hopefully somebody will pick it up again at some point.
God I wish this feature would get implemented into Kodi. It's so good in Netflix and Plex.
(2020-09-06, 21:07)ontap Wrote: I notice that "Skip Intro" option , is a fairly new feature added to "Plex" , which is very useful when your binge watching a series and don't want to sit thru 2 minutes of opening credits multiple times. I wonder if this could be integrated in kodi ?

I wondered today why Kodi hasn't got this feature. If the automation is not working (correctly), maybe a text file (filename.nfo or something similar) could contains the information of the parts of the movie. For example:
BeginOfTheLead = 00:01:12
EndOfTheLead = 00:01:54
BeginOfTheCast = 01:43:23
etc.

If the file is not exists or the user block the parsing of the file, the player could play files like before.

Of course it's working with the catalogised movies only, and if you can access the files and folders.
There is addon called script.tvskipintro on github, never used it though , so don't know how good it is. The username is aenemapy on github.
(2021-02-16, 16:49)Joco1114 Wrote: I wondered today why Kodi hasn't got this feature. If the automation is not working (correctly), maybe a text file (filename.nfo or something similar) could contains the information of the parts of the movie. For example:
BeginOfTheLead = 00:01:12
EndOfTheLead = 00:01:54
BeginOfTheCast = 01:43:23
etc.

If the file is not exists or the user block the parsing of the file, the player could play files like before.

Of course it's working with the catalogised movies only, and if you can access the files and folders.

That's already supported in the form of Edit Decision Lists.
This is the only feature that keeps me with Plex and not Kdoi. If Kodi implemented it I would drop Plex in a heartbeat!
Sounds like a nice feature to have but I am guessing it would be pretty difficult to implement across the multitude of videos people will have in their collection. Unless there is a central database that can scrape time indexes for each episode or movie you wish to skip an intro for? 

Personally I use the very handy "skip forward 30 secs and back 10 secs" feature Kodi already has which usually gets me to the right spot Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Just need someone willing to pick this up again -
(2020-09-09, 14:55)jjd-uk Wrote: This was started as a 2019 GSOC project but I don't think it ever got to a finished state, see https://github.com/xbmc/notrobro
Ads and intros are annoying when I watch the movie, but it's very rare when I watch *spam link removed*
(2022-05-15, 17:16)joshuaperez Wrote: Ads and intros are annoying when I watch the movie, but it's very rare when I watch *spam link removed*

I have removed your spammy link. You have posted three times with useless comments now you are advertising / spamming. Any further infractions will result in a ban.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I am working on this, by extending EDL, but a lot of small stuff is still missing in Kodi to fully support this. I've been slowly getting them in into v20.
If all goes well by v20 release Kodi should have a way to define such interesting points manually in EDL files or playing plugin:// content if the addon author sets them. The automatic detection of such points is ofc a different story and requires someone to pick up notrobro and improve it
@enen92 how are you considering implementing this?  I have briefly been playing with this for NextPVR recordings (server side) and it seems to work as expected, but I would think most people would want PVR_EDL_TYPE_COMBREAK anyway, the TV series intro's are often too sort, 15-30 seconds to reach for the remount.  Are you suggesting a new type with a skip intro OSD?

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip Intro0