PBS Makes Stations Free to Stream
I think this would make a great addon (similar to how the Locast addon works?)

PBS Makes Stations Free to Stream
Michael Balderston TVTechnolgy.com September 4 2020
85 stations will be available to start

PBS has announced that viewers are now able to live stream their local PBS stations for free over internet connected devices. As of now, 85 stations can be live streamed, with more expected to become available in the future.

Streaming will be available on major web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge) as well as through the PBS Video Channel on Roku devices. Viewers can not live stream PBS channels on Apple TV or Fire TV at this time, but PBS says it is exploring those options.

To live stream a local station, users go to pbs.org/livestream. It will detect to see if your local station is available, and if so will display a live stream.

PBS had previously expanded its access to YouTube TV, but this now gives it a more direct line to viewers and at no additional cost.

The full list of available stations can be found here.
@barney63 
Just released: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357548
(2020-10-06, 05:38)matthuisman Wrote: Sneak peak for you before I create a release post

1) Install SlyGuy Repo
    https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/02/slygu...itory.html

2) From SlyGuy Repo, install PBS Live
matthuisman, what can one say?  Fantastic addon!  Channels worked right away, something might be going on with my guide and when I know a little more, I'll try and ask a sensible question.  Thanks for all your good work, know it is appreciated.
@matthuisman are you planning to submit the plugin to Kodi's repository? if not I'll release one of my own.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz 
It relies on my common module, so no to official repo.

@barney63 
I suspect some channels don't have guide data,
but let me know your issues and I'll investigate.
(2020-10-07, 08:33)matthuisman Wrote: @Lunatixz 
It relies on my common module, so no to official repo.

@barney63 
I suspect some channels don't have guide data,
but let me know your issues and I'll investigate.

Kodi accepts common modules as long as they follow repository guidelines. You should consider making a submission. Start with one plug and it's respective common module...

Keep it in mind...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS Makes Stations Free to Stream0