• 17(current)
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix
Any resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio should look good, I don't know what's your issue, but I don't have it in my end...

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-08-14, 15:57)Vibes Wrote: Anyone knoe where can I download the default animated background? Is it possible to use it with other skins skin?

You can find the image here from the official github repo for the skin.

Unfortunately for you, the image is not animated and this answers your second question if you can use it in another skin. The skinner is using some really nice trick to change the colours creating an illusion that the image is animated. I can't go into details because I don't know how he achieves this. All I can say is Bravo Manfeed, I also thought it was an animation all along! WOW!

I said this answers your 2nd question because unless you know how he is doing it, you can't add the image to another skin and expect it to work, all you will get is a still image. Me answering your question does not mean am an expert, I am just trying to help in the spirit of KODI community, my answers can be completely wrong.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2021-08-14, 20:42)manfeed Wrote: Any resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio should look good

I can confirm @Edworld 's problem. I have tried both TV and laptop. The laptop has an aspect ratio of 16:9, 1366 x 768 resolution. On both TV & laptop, the new ratings are not aligned with the rest of the flags. Tested with version=4.5.5, KODI Matrix.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2021-08-14, 16:31)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Hello again, can someone ( maybe timezone, who helped me before) point me at the code that decides the duration of the CD case flip/CD roll out, on the now playing music screen?
It seems to only last for about 2.5 minutes.

Hello. I never noticed this before until you mentioned it. I have confirmed that indeed it lasts only 2.5 minutes.  All the codes I have tried modifying so far have no effect. I will keep trying and let you know. This code must be in the MusicVisualisation.xml file. I will keep trying and let you know if I succeed. You let me know if you find it before I do, I also wish to edit mine. You know, we are just one blind guy guiding another blind guy but we all get to learn in the process. 

I believe this is part of the code that is animating the disc, find it and lets start from there. According to the code, animation start 30 seconds after the track starts and has an increment of 40 seconds for each proceeding animation and ends at 150 seconds or 2.5 min. 

xml:

<!--Disco 1-->
                    <control type="group">
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(onlyBackground)</visible>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(noCD) + Skin.HasSetting(3D)</visible>
                        <left>230</left>
                        <top>140</top>
                        <control type="group">
                            <visible>Integer.IsGreater(MusicPlayer.Time,30)</visible>
                            <animation effect="rotatey" center="auto" start="5" end="5" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                            <width>425</width>
                            <height>425</height>
                            <animation type="Conditional" condition="Integer.IsGreater(MusicPlayer.Time,30)" reversible="false">
                                <include>musicv_disc</include>
                            </animation>
                            <include>musicv_disc2</include>
                        </control>
(2021-08-16, 13:28)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-08-14, 20:42)manfeed Wrote: Any resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio should look good

I can confirm @Edworld 's problem. I have tried both TV and laptop. The laptop has an aspect ratio of 16:9, 1366 x 768 resolution. On both TV & laptop, the new ratings are not aligned with the rest of the flags. Tested with version=4.5.5, KODI Matrix.
@TimeZone @Edworld 

I found the issue and it's now fixed in github... Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-08-16, 15:37)TimeZone Wrote: [quote='Vimmelthevampire' pid='3054637' dateline='1628951506']
Hello again, can someone ( maybe timezone, who helped me before) point me at the code that decides the duration of the CD case flip/CD roll out, on the now playing music screen?
It seems to only last for about 2.5 minutes.

Hello. I never noticed this before until you mentioned it. I have confirmed that indeed it lasts only 2.5 minutes.  All the codes I have tried modifying so far have no effect. I will keep trying and let you know. This code must be in the MusicVisualisation.xml file. I will keep trying and let you know if I succeed. You let me know if you find it before I do, I also wish to edit mine.

I feel bad for pointing it out now....lol.
Thanks for looking into this, it bothered me in latts mods, I thought to look for the amount of seconds it's displayed for a clue.
Titan for example would have a timeperimage value of 2000 for a 20 second background, but it doesn't seem to work that way in this or the mq skins.
manfeed:

When you are viewing a movie and hit "i" not all flags are colored and the aspect ratio flag is different from the rest of the skin.

I understand that may not experience this, but more space is needed on metacritic ratings

Ok, metacritic has more space now. I copied the coloured flags set from another skin, if there's not any coloured icon available (there mustn't be many...) then the white version is used as fallback. Aspect ratio icon is the same in my end...

(2021-08-17, 15:29)Edworld Wrote: manfeed:

When you are viewing a movie and hit "i" not all flags are colored and the aspect ratio flag is different from the rest of the skin.

I understand that may not experience this, but more space is needed on metacritic ratings

@Edworld , is this from your own mod of Aeon Tajo? I ask since I see a Criterion flag that I do not think I had seen before.  If it is your own mod, are you showing that flag from particular naming of the files (i.e., adding criterion to the name) or based on tags? Could you please share your code? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano

That is stock tajo. I use media companion and change the studio name to criterion
@manfeed

Your second image is dialogvideoinfo. If you hit play and after the movie starts press I. You will see that the bluray logo is black and white and the aspect ratio flag is different from the rest of the skin.
@Vimmelthevampire @TimeZone 

Each time the cd shows must be coded and adds 44 lines to the skin code... then a reasonable limit has to be set, you can't expect to keep the cd showing for uncommon long songs, sorry. I thought that 2,5 min was enough (and still think it is...) however I have added 4 additional times to the next version of the skin, so the cd will keep showing for a little more than 5 minutes...
(2021-08-17, 21:11)Edworld Wrote: @bsoriano

That is stock tajo. I use media companion and change the studio name to criterion
@Edworld , thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-17, 21:21)manfeed Wrote: @Vimmelthevampire @TimeZone 

Each time the cd shows must be coded and adds 44 lines to the skin code... then a reasonable limit has to be set, you can't expect to keep the cd showing for uncommon long songs, sorry. I thought that 2,5 min was enough (and still think it is...) however I have added 4 additional times to the next version of the skin, so the cd will keep showing for a little more than 5 minutes...

Manfeed, thanks for your consideration. 5 minutes is perfect. Most of my tracks go 3 or 4 minutes.

@Vimmelthevampire , 44 lines of code for a single appearance! Imagine how many appearances and lines of code those would be for a 20 min track. I believe the skinner's logic to stop the disc after a while is perfect, after all coding is all about logic.
(2021-08-18, 07:15)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 21:21)manfeed Wrote: @Vimmelthevampire @TimeZone 

Manfeed, thanks for your consideration. 5 minutes is perfect. Most of my tracks go 3 or 4 minutes.

@Vimmelthevampire , 44 lines of code for a single appearance! Imagine how many appearances and lines of code those would be for a 20 min track. I believe the skinner's logic to stop the disc after a while is perfect, after all coding is all about logic.

Wow, 44 lines! I wonder how the skins get on with just a spinning disc.
It has blown my 50 year old mind.
Thanks Manfeed for adding more time to it's appearance. I added 100 lines of copy pasted code so I could run 120 gif fanarts while music played, that took a while.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon TAJO - Matrix0