• 36(current)
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix
thats exactly what what i did brother thanks for your response, also ive noticed that it doesnt play tunes when navigating through the library even when the setting is checked after navigating for the first time ive followed your code from some years ago as to an alternative to tvtunes its works but goes to a black fullscreen constantly while playing a couple of seconds of the begining of the song over and over again tvtunes definetly works but its a cpu hog on my nvidia (need a more powerful system) i can can feel the lag while navigating with tvtunes enabled. as always beautiful skin
Do you have trailers activated, and set to show after 5 seconds? In that case the soundtrack doesn’t play, because there’s no point in it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I have different types of video files in my system: 1h-2h long cinema movies, documentaries, short form clips 5m-30m long.
Because there are different things I'd like to keep these separated in different collections. They are already in different folders. But the problem is if I go to Videos then it sees the same library as Movies. There is no separation.
What I want is:
- if I go to movies I only see the files in my movies library directory
- if I go to documentaries I only see the files in my documentaries library directory
- if I go to videos then I only see the short form clips in my videos library directory, even using a different view

Is there any way to do this? Maybe using the Custom menu items?
And if the answer is Custom then I still have a problem because for  some reason the Custom menu items don't show up even though they're enabled (but the enabling option is locked out).

Thanks
(2023-02-13, 04:03)adama42 Wrote: I have different types of video files in my system: 1h-2h long cinema movies, documentaries, short form clips 5m-30m long.
Because there are different things I'd like to keep these separated in different collections. They are already in different folders. But the problem is if I go to Videos then it sees the same library as Movies. There is no separation.
What I want is:
- if I go to documentaries I only see the files in my documentaries library directory
- if I go to videos then I only see the short form clips in my videos library directory, even using a different view

And if the answer is Custom then I still have a problem because for  some reason the Custom menu items don't show up even though they're enabled (but the enabling option is locked out).

Thanks
There are different ways to get that, but that has nothing to do with Aeon Tajo. Maybe someone could help you in another forum thread.

When you have decided the best method, you can use custom items menus, now they are greyed out because you still haven't filled in the line Default select action. As soon as you set some content they will be active. Anyway you could also use only a Custom menu item and put all your shortcuts using the option Manage submenu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2023-02-13, 04:03)adama42 Wrote: I have different types of video files in my system: 1h-2h long cinema movies, documentaries, short form clips 5m-30m long.
What I want is:

Thanks
Edit the <tag></tag> line in all NFO files.
For example: <tag>Documentaries</tag>
Next: Setup main menu - CUSTOM1 - Default select action - Video Library - Movies - Tags - Documentaries. Do the same with movies, videos, etc.
(2023-02-10, 00:14)manfeed Wrote:
(2023-02-07, 23:51)gemini88 Wrote: @manfeed is there anyway to add shortcuts to the game main menu the skin won't let me is this normal, a bug or by design every other menu I can add a shortcut tho
You're right, I'll have to investigate further, not sure if it's skin related or an issue of the shorcuts script. For the time being you could use one of the other empty menu items (custom1, custom2...) and rename it to 'GAMES', set the action to ActivateWindow(Games) and then you'll be able to add the shortcuts you like.
It was a bug in Aeon Tajo, it'll be fixed in the next Nexus version...
I sent an updated Nexus version to Kodi repo, so it should be available soon. All the fixes and improvements will only be made for Nexus version.
(2023-02-09, 01:15)tnkrer Wrote: I use Matrix 19.4. In last couple of days, the air date vanished from the list view of TV shows -> Recently Added. How can I get it back? (And I have no idea why it vanished either)
I switched to Aeon Nox Silvo and it does show the air date in the second line (not to the right like Aeon Tajo showed)
I tried Arctic Zephyr reloaded and it shows the air date in the second line and also on the right!
Temporarily switching to Aeon Nox: Silvo until I figure out how to fix this in Aeon Tajo

Any suggestions on how I can update Aeon Tajo to get air date on the tv shows list? Thanks
(2023-02-09, 01:15)tnkrer Wrote: I use Matrix 19.4. In last couple of days, the air date vanished from the list view of TV shows -> Recently Added. How can I get it back? (And I have no idea why it vanished either)
I switched to Aeon Nox Silvo and it does show the air date in the second line (not to the right like Aeon Tajo showed)
I tried Arctic Zephyr reloaded and it shows the air date in the second line and also on the right!
Temporarily switching to Aeon Nox: Silvo until I figure out how to fix this in Aeon Tajo

First of all, I can assure you and all the rest of users that make comments likewise (...the skin 'whatever' does this or that and Aeon Tajo doesn't...) that they can use the skin they like most, that's perfectly fine with me, this is not a competition, I earn nothing whether an user chooses Aeon Tajo or not. In addition I can (and surely will) make decissions that won't match other skins behavior. Obviously, some people will like the new look and some people will loathe it, that's understandable, they can change to other skin or remain in the former version or whatever.

After this remark, I don't know why that has changed in the new version like you say... Anyway, I will change that so as to show the air date again in the next Nexus version. If you don't want to wait some months or you want to remain in Matrix and know how to edit files, you only have to open variables.xml in your device and erase the line 418, that reads:

<value condition="String.EndsWith(Container.FolderName,$LOCALIZE[20387])">$VAR[EpisodeCountVar,, - ]$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>

Save variables.xml and restart Kodi.
(2023-02-22, 13:44)manfeed Wrote:

First of all, I can assure you and all the rest of users that make comments likewise (...the skin 'whatever' does this or that and Aeon Tajo doesn't...) that they can use the skin they like most, that's perfectly fine with me, this is not a competition, I earn nothing whether an user chooses Aeon Tajo or not. In addition I can (and surely will) make decissions that won't match other skins behavior. Obviously, some people will like the new look and some people will loathe it, that's understandable, they can change to other skin or remain in the former version or whatever.
Did not intend to complain and compare skins! I just tested the skins to try to figure out if this setting is in the skin. I do not know enough to figure out where to update the skin. So I was looking for how I can modify the skin to set it up the way I like it. Did not mean to ruffle any feathers, Sorry if you feel slighted Sad

Quote:After this remark, I don't know why that has changed in the new version like you say... Anyway, I will change that so as to show the air date again in the next Nexus version. If you don't want to wait some months or you want to remain in Matrix and know how to edit files, you only have to open variables.xml in your device and erase the line 418, that reads:

<value condition="String.EndsWith(Container.FolderName,$LOCALIZE[20387])">$VAR[EpisodeCountVar,, - ]$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>

Save variables.xml and restart Kodi.
Thank you!
The skin is unusable on Kodi 20 Android TV. It crashes all the fucking time! And I have bare bones skin settings.
@fede01_8 Criticism is okay, just keep your language clean.
I haven't used anything new in Kodi for a while so out of touch and there are so many Aeon variants. Just looking at the screenshots and videos here I immediately thought that Tajo looks clean and beautiful. Sorry for asking questions which I'm sure have been answered

- is this skin suitable for FireStick4k or considered too 'heavy'? is anyone running on Fire devices, or Odroid N2 which I'm also considering
- based on what I read it works fully in Nexus v20?
- are there mods etc to consider?

and I want to say thanks to the developer for all the hard work!
(2023-03-08, 02:25)MrCrispy Wrote: is this skin suitable for FireStick4k or considered too 'heavy'? is anyone running on Fire devices, or Odroid N2 which I'm also considering

Yes, the skin is suitable for FireStick4K. It has simple butttons to turn off "heavy" features. Infact, they are off by default. The features are categorized as "All devices", "Powerful devices" and "Most Powerful Devices". So you can choose what features to turn on and off depending on your device capabilities.

I am running the skin on TCL AndroidTV (the actual TV not an android box). It is less powerful than Odroid N2 and has only 2GB of RAM and 32bit processor. I haven't tried it on FireStick yet but I believe it will do well.

(2023-03-08, 02:25)MrCrispy Wrote: based on what I read it works fully in Nexus v20?

Yes, it has fully been updated for Kodi Nexus and takes advantage of Nexus new features like showing HDR type (HDR10, HLG, DV, HDR10+) with their correct logo. Ensure you have the latest skin version 6.0.0 or newer installed.

(2023-03-08, 02:25)MrCrispy Wrote: are there mods etc to consider?

There are no mods that I know of yet but the skinner has extra features if you become a sponsor on Patreon. He adds new features frequently for sponsors and some of them eventually end up in the regular skin. Some of the added features includes support for Movie extras (gag reels, behind the scenes etc), Album extras (artist interviews, music videos etc), use a vertical menu among others. I have personally found the Movie and Album extras to be very useful, it is far much better than using the Extras addon.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
Hi

I'm experiencing an issue with trailer playback positioning.
Trailers get displayed perfectly on my laptop: at the top right corner.
But on my tv (I'm using libreelec, but still same version of Kodi, Nexus) the positioning is wrong. Instead of right corner they get top center. So they shift to the left.

Any thoughts on what might be the cause and a fix to it?

Thanks
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon TAJO - Matrix0