• 5(current)
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix
(2021-01-24, 16:43)Maboz Wrote: Thanks. Mine was set to maximum already, but didn't scrape animatedposter. And I can't find a way to scrape again already added content (refresh doesn't do that for some reason), I'd like to be able to tell Kodi to refetch all the art from local files :/
I must admit my entries have been added by Emby4Kodi-next-gen in native mode. If I pick manually images from "content folder", they're there. Puzzling. I'll keep investigating.

EDIT: fwiw, I tried to search for "animatedposter" in the xbmc repository and couldn't find anything. I wonder how Maximum artwork level works.
Maximum artwork level works this way; KODI first picks all the artworks in the movie folder, like posters (including extra posters i.e poster1, poster2), logos, characterarts, fanarts, animatedposters etc. Then it fetches more artworks using scrappers. If for example KODI found all the artworks in movie folder except logos but found the logos online via scrappers, it will add the online logos to the movie. So if your animatedposters are inside the movie folder, they should be picked up.

If you refresh a movie, KODI will not pick up all the artworks in the movie folder as it does during first scan. It picks basic artwork and ignores the extended artwork. The extended artwork include animatedposters, poster1,fanart1, etc. Read the wiki for full list of basic and extended artwork. If you refresh a movie, you have to add extended artwork manually.

If you want to add the extended artwork for several movies at once that are already in the library, then remove the source containing these movies by setting content to THIS DIRECTORY CONTAINS NONE. Clean the movie library and add the source again. Remember to turn on, EACH MOVIE IS IN A SEPARATE FOLDER. If you are afraid of loosing your watching progress, download WatchedList addon, it will backup your progress and reapply them when you add the movies back to the library.

Once everything is set up, to actually show the animatedposter in this skin, you have to go settings, skin options, most powerful devices and choose animatedposters.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2021-01-25, 07:16)TimeZone Wrote: If you want to add the extended artwork for several movies at once that are already in the library, then remove the source containing these movies by setting content to THIS DIRECTORY CONTAINS NONE. Clean the movie library and add the source again. Remember to turn on, EACH MOVIE IS IN A SEPARATE FOLDER. If you are afraid of loosing your watching progress, download WatchedList addon, it will backup your progress and reapply them when you add the movies back to the library.
Thank you a lot for the explanation, it makes a lot of sense, even if I wonder why extended art is not picked up on refresh, that sounds like a bug.
Fwiw, in my case also basic art is not picked up on refresh, but at this point I think it's due to Emby-next-gen add-on, it adds sources without a type (since it can contain both tv series OR movies) and then I can't pick a scraper for that source.

It sounds like I may have to write an add-on that for each media scrapes local folders and adds art to the Kodi cache.
Hello @manfeed .

While discussing artist artwork issues on this thread, an idea came to me that I would like to share with you. You can implement it in the skin if you like it.

See the way we can choose between animatedposter and poster for movies in skin settings? What if you we could also choose between artist thumb and animated artist thumb?

I saw the animated (GIF) artist thumbs in the videos in you first post and tried them. I think they look beautiful especially in Wall, Discography and Magazine views but not so good in the other views. If a user could have the normal thumb.png and another thumb.gif, the skin could choose what artwork to display depending on the view and user settings. 

I tested and found out Kodi picks only one thumb image per artist. If it finds "thumb.png" and "thumb.gif" in the AIF, it will pick png. To pick both, the animated thumb must be given another name. I my test, I called it "singing.gif" and Kodi picked it so I had thumb.png and singing.gif. Problem is the skin doesn't use "singing.gif" anywhere and that is where you come in. I believe your skin is cutting edge, and you may want to try new stuff but never mind if its too much trouble.

You could program your skin to display "singing.gif" if available instead of "thumb.png" for Wall view and Magazine view and revert back to normal thumb in other views. You don't have to call it "singing.gif" maybe animatedthumb.gif, anything you think best then users can just name their files that way.

My use of  the name "singing.gif" was that the image was an animation of the artist while singing.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
@TimeZone 

You can find this interesting...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351261
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-01-27, 10:17)manfeed Wrote: @TimeZone 

You can find this interesting...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351261

Ha! You already beat me to it. I knew you would like this kind of stuff, too bad I did not see it ealier. Thank you . I will add what I have, am afraid mine are a bit low res though.
How can i set Shift view to all playlists ? , why it need to save one by one and some time it reset auto ?
Hello @manfeed, a big thank you for this fantastic skin. Not too many superfluous features, but everything I would expect from a good skin! My personal highlights are:
  1. The fanart views - browsing my media is fun again (especially with theme.mp3 files in place)
  2. This is one of the rare skins that not only focuses on movies and tv series, but also pays attention to music and pictures
  3. I also like the easy customizable menu
  4. And your attention to detail - this is visible in every detail
Only little drawback for me is that some German translations are missing or not well chosen, in my opinion. Any way I can support you improving and completing these?
(2021-02-05, 20:05)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Hello @manfeed, a big thank you for this fantastic skin. Not too many superfluous features, but everything I would expect from a good skin! My personal highlights are:
  1. The fanart views - browsing my media is fun again (especially with theme.mp3 files in place)
  2. This is one of the rare skins that not only focuses on movies and tv series, but also pays attention to music and pictures
  3. I also like the easy customizable menu
  4. And your attention to detail - this is visible in every detail
Only little drawback for me is that some German translations are missing or not well chosen, in my opinion. Any way I can support you improving and completing these?

Thanks for sharing your appreciation with me!

If you want to translate to German you can register in weblate and translate here...

https://kodi.weblate.cloud/projects/kodi...ajo/de_de/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-02-05, 21:18)manfeed Wrote: If you want to translate to German you can register in weblate and translate here...

Done.
Please have a look and if you appreciate my work consider it for your next update. Thanks!
(2021-02-06, 17:03)UlfSchmidt Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 21:18)manfeed Wrote: If you want to translate to German you can register in weblate and translate here...

Done.
Please have a look and if you appreciate my work consider it for your next update. Thanks!
Thanks! It’ll be included in the next update, of course.
@UlfSchmidt 

By the way, if you don't want to wait until the next official repo update, you can install manually the current version with your translation directly from the github of Aeon Tajo.
(2021-02-08, 12:56)manfeed Wrote: @UlfSchmidt 

By the way, if you don't want to wait until the next official repo update, you can install manually the current version with your translation directly from the github of Aeon Tajo.
Yes, thanks. I installed it also to verify that my texts still fit into the placeholders, as German text tends to be longer than English text and this may then destroy the complete screen layout.
This work obviously may result in some further modifications on weblate...
@manfeed, for some reason I cannot edit my post above, but I discovered that on your main settings screen (the entry point to all other settings screens) the place left below the menu which is used to describe the menu entries is in its width a little bit too limited for German explanations. Maybe you can provide a little bit wider fields, maybe allow to use the whole screen width? Thanks.
(2021-02-08, 18:52)UlfSchmidt Wrote: @manfeed, for some reason I cannot edit my post above, but I discovered that on your main settings screen (the entry point to all other settings screens) the place left below the menu which is used to describe the menu entries is in its width a little bit too limited for German explanations. Maybe you can provide a little bit wider fields, maybe allow to use the whole screen width? Thanks.
That field scrolls when text is too long, so that shouldn't be an issue... anyway, since there was room to make it bigger, as you said, I already did so. It'll be included in the next update.
Thanks @manfeed. When I tested it, it didn’t scroll, but the text was wrapped around so that it used an additional line - and that looked a little bit ugly ;-)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon TAJO - Matrix0