• 18(current)
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix
I understand that many times users asking for things that they would like just are unaware of the sheer complexity of the skinning work. They assume all is easy and it must be a matter of quickly adding one or two lines of code in the right place...

I'll take advantage of this case to explain a skinner's work a bit. You see a CD rolling to the right from the back of the CD case, then to the left and stops in front of the CD case, then it dissapears to the left; quite easy, isn'it? Without further technical details I'll say that you need 4 different CD images. 1) Image of the CD rolling from behind the CD case, then it dissapears (you won't notice it because image 2 is carefully coded so as to appear just in the same place) 2) Image of the CD rolling to the left this time in front of the CD case. 3) Image of the reflection in the floor of image 1. 4) Image of the reflection in the floor of image 2.

It goes without saying that they all must be carefully synchronized and adjusted in its place, trying once and again, changing parameters until all looks natural and gets in its place and with the right timing, what takes many, many hours...

I hope you'll understand better now when I keep silent when some requests are made...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-08-18, 09:27)manfeed Wrote: I understand that many times users asking for things that they would like just are unaware of the sheer complexity of the skinning work. They assume all is easy and it must be a matter of quickly adding one or two lines of code in the right place...

I'll take advantage of this case to explain a skinner's work a bit. You see a CD rolling to the right from the back of the CD case, then to the left and stops in front of the CD case, then it dissapears to the left; quite easy, isn'it? Without further technical details I'll say that you need 4 different CD images. 1) Image of the CD rolling from behind the CD case, then it dissapears (you won't notice it because image 2 is carefully coded so as to appear just in the same place) 2) Image of the CD rolling to the left this time in front of the CD case. 3) Image of the reflection in the floor of image 1. 4) Image of the reflection in the floor of image 2.

It goes without saying that they all must be carefully synchronized and adjusted in its place, trying once and again, changing parameters until all looks natural and gets in its place and with the right timing, what takes many, many hours...

I hope you'll understand better now when I keep silent when some requests are made...

Yeah I understand completely.
Towards the bottom of the XML it says (MusicPlayer.Time,11)
This is the start of the animation. Notice the next line is 51, the next 91, etc.
I can actually see on tv screen the process begin at exactly them times.
I just add more code and up the number by 40 each time.
Same for the other animations. Is that correct?
(2021-08-18, 14:12)Vimmelthevampire Wrote:
(2021-08-18, 09:27)manfeed Wrote: I understand that many times users asking for things that they would like just are unaware of the sheer complexity of the skinning work. They assume all is easy and it must be a matter of quickly adding one or two lines of code in the right place...

Yeah I understand completely.
Towards the bottom of the XML it says (MusicPlayer.Time,11)
This is the start of the animation. Notice the next line is 51, the next 91, etc.
I can actually see on tv screen the process begin at exactly them times.
I just add more code and up the number by 40 each time.
Same for the other animations. Is that correct?

Answering my own question, it works. I got it to 10 minutes and change. Lots of code, I now see why a 23.45 minute suite of music would be a problem.

Thanks.
(2021-08-17, 21:13)Edworld Wrote: Your second image is dialogvideoinfo. If you hit play and after the movie starts press I. You will see that the bluray logo is black and white and the aspect ratio flag is different from the rest of the skin.
Ok, now I understand, it's already fixed in github. Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-08-19, 19:52)manfeed Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 21:13)Edworld Wrote: Your second image is dialogvideoinfo. If you hit play and after the movie starts press I. You will see that the bluray logo is black and white and the aspect ratio flag is different from the rest of the skin.
Ok, now I understand, it's already fixed in github. Thanks!
NC-17 flag not available on that same screen after pressing "I", instead it shows NR flag. Same happens with G rating

Also, the studio logo doesn't show up in version 4.6.0

Manfeed:

<variable name="VideoSourceFlagVar"> is missing:

<value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filenameandpath,4K)">4K</value>

Thanks
@Edworld 

Hopefully all is already fixed in github.

Thanks!
Thanks for all the updates!
Manfeed:

Maybe it is still WIP but no color studios on list view

On same view but with tvshows, if over 99 episodes the quantity scrolls

hi i am trying out this skin on matrix 19 and windows 10 . i was woundering if this new skin would include disc art  fake or not , different views , and coloured flag icons i have looked through the skin but cant see how to add coloured flags hanks for any advice

(2021-08-24, 17:45)bluebug Wrote: hi i am trying out this skin on matrix 19 and windows 10 . i was woundering if this new skin would include disc art  fake or not , different views , and coloured flag icons i have looked through the skin but cant see how to add coloured flags hanks for any advice

system \ general options has the settings for color and ratings.
shelf 3d has discart
(2021-08-24, 17:45)bluebug Wrote: hi i am trying out this skin on matrix 19 and windows 10 . i was woundering if this new skin would include disc art  fake or not , different views , and coloured flag icons i have looked through the skin but cant see how to add coloured flags hanks for any advice

The version that adds the coloured flags option is still only available in github, but it will be in the official repo very soon.
thanks for your replys i had a look in system general options the only thing i can see is color for items selected that changes color when i click the box beside it but dont change the flag color . can you please advise where the github is i cant seem to see it on post 1 ,
will there be different views like kodiflex . can the disc art be seen on all views not just shelf 3d view .  thanks for your advice
win10 possible bug

When playing a movie, if you pause (using space bar) the movie and come back later and un pause it goes to the view list instead of resuming the movie. It also forgets that subtitles were selected.

edit: I cannot reproduce this error again
(2021-08-25, 23:34)Edworld Wrote: win10 possible bug

When playing a movie, if you pause (using space bar) the movie and come back later and un pause it goes to the view list instead of resuming the movie. It also forgets that subtitles were selected.

edit: I cannot reproduce this error again

edit 2: From the main menu, movies, in progress....  Once you select the movie and press play, you pause using the space bar, wait until the "you're watching" popup goes dim. Press the space bar to restart playing and it takes you to the view look you are using.

In Nox 5 if you follow all the steps, after the "you're watching" dims you can press the space bar and it takes you to the pause screen. You press space bar again and it plays the movie.

I hope this helps
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon TAJO - Matrix0