• 27(current)
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix
I don't think it's perfect, but what you can be sure of is that I tested a lot of times to see what looks better, and behind every decission there's a reason. You want clear fanarts, but also are interested in lyrics (so do I). To have both is impossible, because video lyrics become almost unreadable against a clear background, so a dim layer must be applied. Simple like that... just saying brother.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
The lyrics are in color from what i see and ik the reasoning for it (the dimming) what I'm saying is at least give the user the option to decide (to enable dimming or not some skins give this option) I don't have to its optional (me downloading the lyrics addon= optional the dimming is activated from the visualisation (which you said didn't work, they do) being enabled once disabled the fanart should have normal Brightness (based on your tv settings and screen that's in every skin from me using Kodi for years same on the default skin. The lyrics set its own background panel which can be disabled in its settings and you see like the pic I uploaded where it says lyrics addon and lyrics addon settings that what I was suggesting (in the music OSD) it can just be optional but since visualisations window doesn't pop-up to choose one or none its as if the fanart is dimmed giving the impression the visualisation is active when not. That dim layer is not by design at it can easily be removed from skin level or code level once again just saying brother that is all its a beautiful skin you may feel it's a perfect picture I dont because its to dimmed also knowingly it can and should be brighter when there's no visualisation enabled Kodi doesn't look for lyrics automatically by design you have to download a addon for that (optional) remember I'm running this skin on my setup brother not yours which makes it for the public if you have personal feelings about it the skin should've been personally for you and never put out to begin with or I wouldn't be here talking about options would 🤔I still a beautiful skin brother you are highly skilled my friend!!!!
(2022-02-04, 02:45)manfeed Wrote: I don't think it's perfect, but what you can be sure of is that I tested a lot of times to see what looks better, and behind every decission there's a reason.
Hello gemini88,

I can confirm what manfeed is saying. I wanted clear fanart images just like you, so I went ahead and edited the skin to remove the blur in music viz. That is when I realized why the blur was addded by the skinner. Without it, most texts are unreadable. I had to return the blur. With some help from Manfeed and a lot of Googling, I was able to remove the blur on the upper part of the screen (where there is no text) for a clear fanart and kept it on the lower part (with track and artist information). The blur is not just for lyrics, it is also for the currently playing track information, next track, artist discography etc.
(2022-02-04, 06:31)gemini88 Wrote: remember I'm running this skin on my setup brother not yours which makes it for the public if you have personal feelings about it the skin should've been personally for you and never put out to begin with

Trying to separate an artist's personal feelings from their work is difficult. After all, that is what art is all about. An artist has to put their own perspective into their work, otherwise it wouldn't be art. This skin is manfeed’s perspective. Each skin is the authors perspective plus their skill, knowledge, and experience, that is why they look different.

Sometimes, your perspective may not be similar to the author and that is Ok. The beauty of open source is you can modify the skin to your perspective aka "personal feelings". I have done just that. Check out my mod for this skin on GitHub, it has the blur removed and a bit of my perspective added. I have modified parts of the skin where my "personal feelings" and the developer’s were not similar.
Quote:should've been personally for you and never put out
My mod is my own perspective of the skin, yet I am sharing it with the public.

We can request the developer to modify or add something to the skin, if he doesn't like it, he won't add it. After all, this is his own art. The only rules the dev has to follow are the guidelines to make the skin compatible with the skinning engine of the target Kodi version and rules for submitting the skin to the official repo. The rest are his own imagination, preferences and taste. That pretty much makes it personal.
(2022-02-04, 06:31)gemini88 Wrote: I'm running this skin on my setup brother not yours
By the way, despite his personal feelings, the dev is also considerate of other people who might use the skin. An example, he has different settings for the skin depending on how powerful your device is. So, he clearly knows you are not running the skin on his setup. On the other hand, he can't consider every possible setup out there.

If you need help modifying the skin, the skin dev and other people on this forum might help you.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
💯% percent brother I was just saying optional because it's public now not taking away anything from this beautiful time consuming work of art, just be open to criticism critiques and so on I've been using Kodi since it was xbmc it has blossom beyond belief all I'm saying is you might want to be open to new ideas personal opinions because you have yours this is your work not mines of course you are going to love it but other people might fault or give touch up advise or added feature requests because they may have thought different from you which to them is or not enough but to you it is and was. that's why you released it when you felt it was ready but when new eyes look around they might see something you didn't brother. Once something goes public you open the door for anyone to pass judgment I'm not tho personally the skin is amazing its my go-to skin manfeed I was just thinking of getting shortcuts or making it easy to disable enable certain things to the users - myself liking because we all have different minds just imagine if we didn't say anything, skins wouldn't be where they are today or Kodi, or as fast in development as they are people around the world all have visions personal or not that's what makes it art respectfully but that doesn't mean that each individual person doesn't see that art in a different way from the actual creator him/herself its still a work of art but if the artist doesn't see anyone else's vision but there own is it truly a work of art that came from the creators vision now being looked at by a different one both visions derived from the same pls to begin with "a thought"
This is the last comment I'm going to make about this topic...

Brother (as you call me too) for the life of me, I've never seen sentences so long before, don't you happen to have . , and the like in your keyboard?  Rofl

I couldn't agree more with @TimeZone post, I think that after that all is said. It's pretty obvious that I'm open to suggestions, you only have to read this same thread to see that. That's not to say I'll follow each and every request, because most of them just I don't like or there are other technical reasons. I'm not going to add settings for each little option either, sorry. Everyone that posts here can rest assured that I read their posts, and that I think about that. I can't promise anything beyond that... Sometimes I choose not to answer, because I have realized once and again that even the most polite reply I try to make, explaining my reasons, gets an angry counter-reply, and that leads us nowhere...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
...and to prove that sometimes I have second thoughts about suggestions, I think that it's true that people that don't use lyrics is getting an extra dim layer for no reason, so in the next version the dim layer will only show when lyrics get displayed...
Lately when I open Kodi I get am embuary error. Any one else experiencing the same issue? This is with windows 10.
😂🤣😭💀💪🏾💯 much respect to you brother was just expressing myself in wrds
your 💯% right @TimeZone can you guide me on how you removed the blur from the fanart I like the bright fanart  also yes the blur just below over the text album info and artist info is perfect just Estuary the default skin
This is what I was referring to when I said about adding extra features @manfeed

(2022-02-05, 03:40)gemini88 Wrote: your 💯% right @TimeZone can you guide me on how you removed the blur from the fanart I like the bright fanart  also yes the blur just below over the text album info and artist info is perfect just Estuary the default skin

I think we should not worry about this anymore. manfeed has promised he will fix it and I am sure he will do it much better than my copy paste method. Lets wait for the new version.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
Duly Noted brother
Hello,

Does anyone use the Live TV section? There's what looks like to be an optional display layout setting for the EPG, but it does not seem to do anything when those settings are enabled.
Yes I use the live TV section now are you asking for the view when you click on live tv from the homescreen or something different
@TimeZone Your tajo mod is 🔥 I love it especially the clock size, question tho is there anyway to get the visualisation window to open to select your different visualisation the same window that pops up with get more if you have none, just while in the music osd window been trying to figure that out for days now 😂🤣😭
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon TAJO - Matrix0