tmm Deleting but hard drive space not freeing up
I don't have "delete trash/backup folder on exit" selected.

It does delete the movies, but space isn't freeing up on my hard drive. But when I manually delete in finder on mac osx, and delete, the hard drive space does clear up.

I'm not sure if it's always been this way, I don't think so, but right now I really need that space, so look forward to deleting and freeing it up immediately. What's going on?
As the option says, everything deleted are under trash folder of each drive. Not the OS trash bin but ".deletedByTMM" folder.
(2020-09-13, 04:17)tars Wrote: As the option says, everything deleted are under trash folder of each drive. Not the OS trash bin but ".deletedByTMM" folder.

It was my understanding that if I did have "delete trash/backup folder on exit" selected, then it would go to that folder you mentioned when an item was deleted in tmm. But if it isn't selected, tmm would delete the file immediately and there would be no .deletedbytmm folder. I don't seem to see this folder on the drive anywhere either.

EDIT**

So I just selected the option to empty that folder on exit, and lo and behold 250gb cleared up when closing tmm! I guess I will just do it this way then, as I don't know what the alternative option was doing...
Doesn't macOS hide files/folders starting with a dot?
(2020-09-18, 12:53)tars Wrote: Doesn't macOS hide files/folders starting with a dot?

It's a generic Linux (Unix?) thing, so all Linux derivatives will have that feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tmm Deleting but hard drive space not freeing up0