Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2022-03-04, 13:46)crawfish Wrote:
(2022-03-03, 23:37)Kravatak76 Wrote: Hello, can you please help me how to set up the Kodi on an external usb drive? When I connect a usb external drive as an internal and move the Kodi to it, there is an application on it, but the data library is still stored on the original 4GB storage. How do I change it? I found instructions on where to set the path to the external drive in xbmc_env.properties, but I don't see my USB external drive at all, for example in the X-explore application or via adblink, because it looks like an internal but I don't have access to it at all. I'm confused because I don't know what to do with it anymore and what's the right course of action. Thank you very much.
Set it up as an external drive, format it to FAT32 < 1.4 TB, and before you start Kodi for the first time, give Kodi Storage Permissions in the Android app settings. I found that giving it permissions when Kodi asked for them resulted in Kodi creating new libraries in the usual internal storage location, which is no good. I moved my .kodi folder into the folder given below; you might be able to use an alternate, simpler path as in the wiki, but I found this convenient as it required less editing of some adb commands I keep in OneNote. Replace the xxxx-xxxx with whatever your drive identifier is. I formatted the drive on my PC, connected it to my CCwGTV, so that it would create the Android folders, and then I either used adb to move the folder or brought the drive back to my PC and restored from a backup, which is a lot faster than using adb for the SSD I'm using for a separate installation on my Sony TV. For a USB stick, it may not matter much. So I've done this twice, once for my CCwGTV and also for my Sony TV. It works.

Code:
xbmc.data=/storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files
Thank you. But what does it mean to set up as an external drive on CCwGTV? can you please write me what steps i should take? so if I have to prepare the USB drive first, then install Kodi, then grant authorization and then run Kodi, then copy the data and finally configure the new path? Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by Kravatak76 - 2022-03-04, 16:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0