Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2022-08-07, 19:55)Dragon 548 Wrote: Hi,
I recently purchased a Chromecast with Google tv. I previously had a Xiaomi Mibox 3 and overall I'm happy with the much faster Chromecast. I use this one in particular to play videos stored on my Synology NAS via KODI. I have no problem playing x264 videos of around 20 gigs. Reading a file in x265 (HEVC) format does not work correctly, however: it is very jerky (an image every 2/3 seconds and sound does not work correctly). I tried with several files and the result is always the same. My old Mibox 3 played these files perfectly, so I think the Chromecast must be able to do this too.
Can you help me ?
Thanks in advance.

Here is the link of the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/sukanoloqu
I think the lines that interest you start at 21:09:32.645

Are you running with an SDR TV ? There appears to be a known issue with UHD HDR replay in SDR on the Chromecast. (i.e. it doesn't have hardware accelerated tone mapping - at least within Kodi - currently)?

Are the HEVC/h.265 files you are playing UHD HDR (i.e. UHD Blu-ray rips)?

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by noggin - 2022-08-08, 17:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0