Widget: Full "Wall" option, or two original w
Hi,
I'm relative new when it comes to Kodi and skins and I have two questions/problems regarding widgets:

1. What I really want is actually to have a widget/setup that makes the home screen look like this:
    In other words I want to see all my movies/series/music in a big wall. One less klick is something that we all should strive for right?! Is this possible at all or am I just grasping at the impossible? If this doesn't work, then I have the second thing I almost got to work in the point below:

2. I have tried to use two widgets per header (e.g. movies). The first widget is "watching now" and the second widget below this one is "Unwatched". My problem is that I don't have a mouse connected and is running it with the keyboard arrows (through FLIRC on my Logitech remote) and when I have watched all my current movies then I cant access the lower widget any more. The first widget screen goes blank and makes it impossible to reach the second unless you hover over it with the mouse (which I want to avoid using with my HTPC).
    The reverse widget order ("unwatched" at the top, and "watching now" as the second widget) also gives the same problem. If I have no new series or movies but want to continue watching an already seen one, then it also gets stuck in the same kind of situation. If I only have one widget in the bottom position, there is no problem what so ever to reach it with the remote/arrow keys...
    Is there any good way of work around this problem?

I hope you understand my problem, otherwise I will try to describe it better...!

Best
Shinzou
(2020-10-24, 13:39)Shinzou Wrote: Hi,
I'm relative new when it comes to Kodi and skins and I have two questions/problems regarding widgets:

1. What I really want is actually to have a widget/setup that makes the home screen look like this:
    In other words I want to see all my movies/series/music in a big wall. One less klick is something that we all should strive for right?! Is this possible at all or am I just grasping at the impossible? If this doesn't work, then I have the second thing I almost got to work in the point below:

2. I have tried to use two widgets per header (e.g. movies). The first widget is "watching now" and the second widget below this one is "Unwatched". My problem is that I don't have a mouse connected and is running it with the keyboard arrows (through FLIRC on my Logitech remote) and when I have watched all my current movies then I cant access the lower widget any more. The first widget screen goes blank and makes it impossible to reach the second unless you hover over it with the mouse (which I want to avoid using with my HTPC).
    The reverse widget order ("unwatched" at the top, and "watching now" as the second widget) also gives the same problem. If I have no new series or movies but want to continue watching an already seen one, then it also gets stuck in the same kind of situation. If I only have one widget in the bottom position, there is no problem what so ever to reach it with the remote/arrow keys...
    Is there any good way of work around this problem?

I hope you understand my problem, otherwise I will try to describe it better...!

Best
Shinzou

Not sure about the second question but the first one I can answer.

Yes it is possible to create a wall type widget but it does require a fair amount of modding to the xml's.  You have a couple of choices; adapt the code for one of the existing widget types (template.xml is what you need); or create a completely new widget type.  The latter is a lot more work but IMO ultimately a better solution.  I have been doing something similar for a new widget type to link to autowidgets and the main problem I have yet to get my head around is how to code for the inevitable error checking to make sure you do not have 2 widgets trying to overlay the same screen space for example.

I have looked into the idea of a wall widget in the past and I think it only really works well when the main menu is in vertical orientation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widget: Full "Wall" option, or two original w0