Linux nextpvr
can anyone help with installing next pvr on mx linux 19.2.i have tried the official version of kodi and also the debian version,but can't get nextpvr to install. it always comes back with dependencies not satisfied.
Sorry but for Kodi on linux your distro will need to provide the relevant binary addons or you can build them yourself.  You will need to build the addon version that matches your version of Kodi.  If you have a build environment pvr.nextpvr isn't that hard to build. 

Martin
(2020-11-06, 16:34)emveepee Wrote: Sorry but for Kodi on linux your distro will need to provide the relevant binary addons or you can build them yourself.  You will need to build the addon version that matches your version of Kodi.  If you have a build environment pvr.nextpvr isn't that hard to build. 

Martin
sorry new to linux so wouldn't have a clue about doing that. thanks anyway
If Kodi on linux is something that interests you Ubuntu is definitely the easiest way to go. 

Martin
(2020-11-06, 12:20)superray2 Wrote: can anyone help with installing next pvr on mx linux 19.2.i have tried the official version of kodi and also the debian version,but can't get nextpvr to install. it always comes back with dependencies not satisfied.

I use MX-Linux which is Debian based. If you add the multimedia repo to your repo list you can install from the MX-package manager.

Edit this file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list and add this line

deb https://www.deb-multimedia.org buster main non-free

Then update using sudo apt update in a terminal.

After the update you should see Kodi and pvr-nextpvr listed in the pakage manager list. The current version for Kodi is 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nextpvr0