• 2(current)
Release Tubed (A YouTube client)
@buxtonlad 
That requires changes to the apps, so currently you still need the YouTube add-on for that but it doesn't require keys for just playback.

@asavah 
The YouTube API returns 'WL' as the watch later playlist--not the real playlist id--, which seems to work (read only) for some people but not all. Best bet here is to designate a playlist as watch later.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Thanks for this new addon. Up until now I've been unable to make it work... it install ok, I can navigate the options and see the name of the videos, but as soon as I choose one to play Kodi crashes, and I'm back in the desktop... The log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ibayudiqaq.kodi

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Looks like it crashing in InputStream Adaptive, iirc the recent InputStream Adaptive version with Kodi 19 beta1 causes a crash. Can you try with beta2 from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/windows/win64/
@anxdpanic Now the issues with WL and save playlists are clear to me.
However the issue with empty "favorite channels" still remains.

Debug log with api calls debug enabled: https://paste.kodi.tv/zecubudubi.kodi
(2020-12-07, 17:47)anxdpanic Wrote: Looks like it crashing in InputStream Adaptive, iirc the recent InputStream Adaptive version with Kodi 19 beta1 causes a crash. Can you try with beta2 from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/windows/win64/

You're right, beta2 did the trick, now Tubed works faultlessly. Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@asavah
Do you get the 'No Entries' toast? 

Nothing stands out even in the debug log, you can try deleting userdata (wiki)\addon_data\plugin.video.tubed\channels\<uuid>\favorite_channels.sqlite and re-adding. But I will look over that area of code see if I can spot something out of line/add some more logging.
(2020-12-07, 21:26)anxdpanic Wrote: Do you get the 'No Entries' toast? 

Yep.

(2020-12-07, 21:26)anxdpanic Wrote: you can try deleting userdata (wiki)\addon_data\plugin.video.tubed\channels\<uuid>\favorite_channels.sqlite and re-adding.

Done. Stopped Kodi, removed the file. Nothing changed.

The file was recreated.
Added a few channels to favorites via context menu.

The sqlite file seems to be empty.
Code:
sqlite> .databases
main: /home/kodi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.tubed/channels/43221f16-74ef-4a98-a45b-df03f81a6194/favorite_channels.sqlite r/w
sqlite> .tables
storage
sqlite> select * from storage;
sqlite>

Another thing that I noticed is that tubed seems to prevent clean shutdown of Kodi, it was killed by systemd after timeout.
But to be sure I need to recheck this with youtube addon (it's the only addon I have with a service part) disabled.
Figured this out.
I was doing it wrong. But thats IMO a UI/UX problem.

What I was doing:

Enter "subcriptions", "context menu" - add to favourites ... these are not tubed favourite channels, but Kodi favourites!

In order to add a channel one has to enter the channel and call context menu on a playlist or a video and then "add <channel name> to favorite channels".
That would do it. Thanks for confirming and I'll see what I can do to improve the UX
Hey! Great job, works well on my Kodi Matrix, and far easier to install compared to the YouTube addon Smile

I have two questions: the History menu item is not displaye, even when activated. Is there an other option to enable? And I can't find my feed, like the subscriptions feed one the website. Same thing, am I missing an option?

Thanks!
Thanks Smile

For the subscriptions feed, sadly it's not available from the API which for this add-on means it cannot be added. A sacrifice for the simplicity :/

For history, it is again not available from the API. There is an alternative, first create a new playlist ('add to playlist' on a video) and then in the Playlists menu open the context menu on the playlist you created and Set as History. It will give you a Kodi watch history that is accessible from the addon/web.

Wish I had better news about those for you.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I was afraid you'd answer that. How complicated would it be to loop over the subscribed channels to get their latest videos in order to recreate subscriptions feed-like view?
The technical side is quite simple.
If I start adding non-api (webpage etc) scraping to this add-on, it's much higher risk that we're back at square one and everyone requires personal API keys again.
Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you Google. I'll give a try to the full YouTube plugin then Wink
(2020-12-12, 16:55)anxdpanic Wrote: The technical side is quite simple.
If I start adding non-api (webpage etc) scraping to this add-on, it's much higher risk that we're back at square one and everyone requires personal API keys again.

This seems to be API based to compose the subscriptions feed. https://gist.github.com/iamdade/1e36fedb80594ba694f3

You can use parameter 'order' on 'subscriptions.list' and decide to only get and process the most recently active 50 subscriptions.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tubed (A YouTube client)0