GPU set to Gaming causes frame drops in 4K-FullScreen Window mode
When I say I'm dropping frames.  I should clarify.  It appears a bit choppy.  I know could change the KODI setting, so changes the refresh rate or something, or the display-size.  But I figured it should be able to handle 'Full-Screen-Window' mode.  It does with other apps.  Why is KODI being slow.

Recently I've switched all my monitors to 4K on my main-desktop (that runs KODI).  I've still got a 2nd Win-7 Media-Center computer recording-TV with a Cable-Card.
Now with Kodi on my main-desktop with:
'AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core'
'64GB Ram'
'AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT 6GB GDDR6 1750 MHz'

(Did i need to buy a 5700-XT? lol its not like this is high-gpu-demand gaming)

Monitor is: 3840x2160Px30hz. Audio is: 5.1CH

Kodi Settings are:
KODI VERSION: 18.5 (would upgrade help?)
Display-Mode (Full-Screen, Use FullScreen-Window, Blank other displays No 
Adjust display refresh rate: Off
Sync playback to display: Off
Render Method: Auto Detect
The HQ-Scalers... I've tried down to 0%
Allow hardware acceleration: true

The question is, is there some trick in the advanceSettings.xml that I need to consider?  or a main setting?  Or do I just need to just forget about it, and lower to 1080p.... kodi can't handle.

I tried:
    <video>
        <vdpauscaling>true</vdpauscaling>
        <enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers>
        <autoscalemaxfps>60</autoscalemaxfps>
    </video>

Krusty to the rescue?
(2020-12-15, 14:34)robertkjr3d Wrote: When I say I'm dropping frames.  I should clarify.  It appears a bit choppy.  I know could change the KODI setting, so changes the refresh rate or something, or the display-size.  But I figured it should be able to handle 'Full-Screen-Window' mode.  It does with other apps.  Why is KODI being slow.

Recently I've switched all my monitors to 4K on my main-desktop (that runs KODI).  I've still got a 2nd Win-7 Media-Center computer recording-TV with a Cable-Card.
'64GB Ram'

Kodi Settings are:

The question is, is there some trick in the advanceSettings.xml that I need to consider?  or a main setting?  Or do I just need to just forget about it, and lower to 1080p.... kodi can't handle.

I tried:
    <video>
    </video>

Krusty to the rescue?

Sorry man, I can't offer much help.  My main tv is the same res and I run it with the windows set to 1080p.  I never tried anything higher because none of the content I play with kodi is beyond 1080p.  Maybe somebody else will have some ideas.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2020-12-15, 18:32)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2020-12-15, 14:34)robertkjr3d Wrote: When I say I'm dropping frames.  I should clarify.  It appears a bit choppy.  I know could change the KODI setting, so changes the refresh rate or something, or the display-size.  But I figured it should be able to handle 'Full-Screen-Window' mode.  It does with other apps.  Why is KODI being slow.

'64GB Ram'

Kodi Settings are:

I tried:
    <video>
    </video>

Krusty to the rescue?

Sorry man, I can't offer much help.  My main tv is the same res and I run it with the windows set to 1080p.  I never tried anything higher because none of the content I play with kodi is beyond 1080p.  Maybe somebody else will have some ideas.
I figured it out.  Kodi registers itself as a 'Game' in the system.  So in Radeon-Gaming settings you can change the 'Graphics profile' to 'Gaming'.  Then tweak some other profile-settings... Like 'Anti-Lag', Image-Sharpening.
In the task-manager, I then noticed that the GPU is now taking more processing speed, which is good.  Running video in Kodi no longer shows with any jerky-ness, or frame-drops.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU set to Gaming causes frame drops in 4K-FullScreen Window mode0