Kodi update on Firestick
Hello all , i have a few older firesticks purchased in 2018 . And one of them mysteriously disappeared for a while. My son says he didnt use it, but when i went to use it today for the 2nd time this week (i couldnt find it for months) it now has Kodi 19 Alpha. Im wondering if a Firestick version of Kodi us capable of auto update or is my son blowing smoke and just scared to tell me the truth ( I wouldn't be mad but i would feel bad for accusing him if it does auto update and he didnt take it ) i read that the google play store versions can auto update but this is a version on a firestick and not from playstore.
As there is no market on the firetv devices and every version has to be installed with adb ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok ......so this means? Lol
So the debugging allows the developer to continuously update via the ADB connection?
It means there's no auto-update, only manual. And only locally - there is no remote updating on a Firestick.

On Android the only thing that can do any kind of auto-updating is an app store, and we're not in the Amazon appstore. And even on the Google Play store, Leia v18 will only update to Matrix v19 if you've explicitly opted into being a beta-tester there. Normal users will not update until Matrix is on a full release, rather than a beta one.

The only way to install and update is manually via adb or some similar sideloading method. So he or someone with access to the stick has updated it to Matrix.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok so essentially the only way that firestick has 19.0 Alpha on it......as its brand new relatively, is if my son, recently, manually installed and updated it? Is this correct to say?
Yes. There is no auto-update mechanism at all on the Firestick, at least with the official version of Kodi that we provide.

It may notify you that newer versions are available, but it won't download or install anything.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi update on Firestick0