Filter by a list of IMDB IDs
Hello,

I'm looking for another way to add tags in my local .nfo files based on movie lists on Trakt using the fewest steps possible. This has been discussed here which I've read (as well as the links contained in that thread), but I have not been able to find a solution that adds tags to the local .nfo files. Tag Generator is giving me mixed results and only adds the tags in the Kodi library, not the local .nfo files. I've opened a new thread, since I imagine filtering by IMDB ID, or filtering with an "or" operator, would have uses outside of this purpose as well.

I don't want to use the Tag Generator add-on as it doesn't apply the tags to the local .nfo files, and I've had mixed results with it regardless. So now I'm wondering if there's a way to filter titles in TinyMM based on a text file containing a list of IMDB IDs--I can create such lists easily by copy/pasting the IMDB ID column from a CSV export of a Trakt list. 

So my question is this:  Is there any current way within TinyMM to filter titles based on a text file so I can apply a tag to the applicable titles? ID is not available as a filter choice in the popup window, and as far as I've been able to tell there's no "or" operator in the text entry field--and filtering by IMDB ID is not possible anyway.

So far, the only method I have of doing this is a five step process:

1) Download a CSV from the list I wish to use from Trakt, then copy/paste the IMDB ID column into a text file.

2) Select all potentially matching titles in TinyMM and create a "placeholder" tag.

3) Use a file search application capable of searching text within files based on text criteria in a text file, in order to find the .nfo files matching the IMDB ID list.

4) Open all search results in Notepad++ and perform a find and replace function on all open files, replacing the placeholder with the name of the list, save and close all open files.

5) Remove the placeholder tag from all titles with TinyMM.

This gets the job done, but is a bit of a hassle and will become increasingly more so as the size of the library increases.

If this isn't possible, maybe someone knows of an easier workaround?

Thanks!
(2020-12-28, 23:00)Movie_McMovieface Wrote: if there's a way to filter titles in TinyMM based on a text file containing a list of IMDB IDs

That would be a useful feature for importing movie lists from other sources.

For now, I think you could use "duplicates" filter for this task.
You only need to create a zero-byte text file with each IMDb id like "tt0068646.mp4", etc.
Add those files (yep, zero byte in total) to tmm and force search and scrape with IMDb scraper only for title and year.
Assuming you already have those movies in your collection, duplicates filter will show the movies on the list to bulk add a tag, then just remove the new movies.
(2020-12-29, 06:46)tars Wrote:
(2020-12-28, 23:00)Movie_McMovieface Wrote: if there's a way to filter titles in TinyMM based on a text file containing a list of IMDB IDs

That would be a useful feature for importing movie lists from other sources.

For now, I think you could use "duplicates" filter for this task.
You only need to create a zero-byte text file with each IMDb id like "tt0068646.mp4", etc.
Add those files (yep, zero byte in total) to tmm and force search and scrape with IMDb scraper only for title and year.
Assuming you already have those movies in your collection, duplicates filter will show the movies on the list to bulk add a tag, then just remove the new movies.

This is a great idea, and worked very well. Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filter by a list of IMDB IDs0