Solved Not all music is scanned
What settings do I need to apply to get debug info for this scraper?

Background: I've never used Kodi for music, but I recently scanned my library with the defaults for Matrix Beta 2, which are the Generic Artist and Album scrapers. While they got most of my music, there are still quite a few albums missing altogether that won't scan into the library manually, such as Yes's "Close To The Edge" and 10,000 Maniacs' "MTV Unplugged." I meticulously set tags using Mp3tag for all my files, and that should not be the problem. I did temporarily switch to the old Universal scrapers, and they scanned the albums to the library when I did so manually, at least for "Close To The Edge." The "MTV Unplugged" still wouldn't scan. I found nothing whatsoever related to scraping in the debug file and don't know what to set.

ETA: See last post for the problems and solutions.
@crawfish

The Music library works differently to the Video Library. The Music Library is created exclusively from the embedded tags in your music files. The music scrapers add a bit of cream on top to your existing library entries.

The scraper will not fix missing music files from your library. Provide a standard Debug Log which captures a Music Library Update.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-30, 08:38)Karellen Wrote: @crawfish

The Music library works differently to the Video Library. The Music Library is created exclusively from the embedded tags in your music files. The music scrapers add a bit of cream on top to your existing library entries.

The scraper will not fix missing music files from your library. Provide a standard Debug Log which captures a Music Library Update.
Thanks. The debug log is 1.7 MB and contains my whole music library which I'd rather not post publicly, and the only lines relating to the missing albums are of the form:

DEBUG <general>: DoScan Skipping dir 'smb://beagle/Music/Lossless/10,000 Maniacs/MTV Unplugged/' due to no change

They're interspersed with identical lines for other albums by the same artist that do appear in the library. As I said earlier, I maintain my metadata with Mp3tag, and all files have the same basic set of tags (plus embedded albumart):
  • ALBUM
  • ALBUMARTIST
  • ARTIST
  • GENRE
  • TITLE
  • TRACK
  • YEAR
There's nothing to distinguish albums that don't appear in the library from ones that do; they're all tagged the same, and for this artist, they're all ALAC files. iTunes and foobar2000 pick up everything. Is there anything else I can check?

I also viewed the library as "Files," navigated to a missing album, entered it, and the only thing there was "..". I tried "Scan to library," and it completes immediately and doesn't add anything to the library. It produces logfile lines:

DEBUG <general>: Process - Starting scan
DEBUG <general>: Thread MusicFileCounter start, auto delete: false
DEBUG <general>: DoScan Scanning dir 'smb://beagle/Music/Lossless/10,000 Maniacs/MTV Unplugged/' as not in the database
DEBUG <general>: Thread MusicFileCounter -2105018080 terminating
 INFO <general>: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:00
DEBUG <general>: Process - Finished scan

Again, this is Matrix beta 2 and a freshly created music library on a FireStick 4K.
@crawfish

I have split and moved your posts to Music as they are not scraper related.

Your snippets don't help, and we need the full Debug Log.

Instead of scanning your entire library, navigate to your album in Files section, call up the Context Menu on the album that did not scan and select Scan to library. Should make a smaller log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-30, 11:12)crawfish Wrote: There's nothing to distinguish albums that don't appear in the library from ones that do; they're all tagged the same, and for this artist, they're all ALAC files.
You may think that, but lack of adding to the library strongly implies a tagging issue.
Can you make an example music file available? Upload it to the cloud (e.g. Google drive, Dropbox etc.) and PM me a link.
There were two problems, both solved now:
  1. I have three albums whose titles and thus folder names begin with "...", and hidden items were disabled in the Kodi settings. Enabling this option allowed the Android Kodis to see them and add them to the library.
  2. The 10,000 Maniacs "MTV Unplugged" folder was shared properly, but the songs contained within it were not. Replacing their permissions with inheritable ones from the parent folder solved that problem. I have no idea how this happened. Windows 10 FWIW.
As for my comments about my Yes collection in my OP, they're all there now. I don't know why I wasn't seeing them before.

To conclude, I now have exactly as many songs in my Kodi music library as I do in my iTunes library, and all is good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not all music is scanned0