Fully turn off Raspberry Pi from Kodi power button - only goes into standby(?)
Hi All.
Firstly, LOVE Kodi, awesome job!
Along with my Raspberry Pi, it is my go-to media player for a dumb TV while in bed.
However...
When I click the power icon and select shut down,  it doesn't seem to fully shut off the Raspberry Pi. 
The power indicator is still lit,  and any attached peripherals (I use a USB SSD) are still running.
Right now I have to go to the Pi and physically switch it off (sometimes I forget)

Is there a workaround for this to make it shut down completely? 
If I knew the structure of the Pi better,  I'd try to locate the file(s) and make changes, but I only have a basic Linux knowledge.
Thanks a lot
Raspberry Pi 4b 4gb - if that's relevant
(2021-01-13, 19:50)MikeLewin Wrote: Is there a workaround for this to make it shut down completely? 
Probably not, but it may depend on the operating system. Which O/S are you using?
This is normal. Some cases (Argon One) have their own power switch.

The power usage in this situation is negligible, so I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I leave all my Pi's switched on all the time.
(2021-01-13, 22:08)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 19:50)MikeLewin Wrote: It's using LibreelecIs there a workaround for this to make it shut down completely? 
Probably not, but it may depend on the operating system. Which O/S are you using?
Using Librelec with Kodi on top
(2021-01-14, 11:00)mcelliott Wrote: This is normal. Some cases (Argon One) have their own power switch.

The power usage in this situation is negligible, so I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I leave all my Pi's switched on all the time.

It's not so much the Pi, I know it can take it,  just peripheral usage especially USB HD which I have plugged in sometimes
(2021-01-16, 20:49)MikeLewin Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 11:00)mcelliott Wrote: This is normal. Some cases (Argon One) have their own power switch.

It's not so much the Pi, I know it can take it,  just peripheral usage especially USB HD which I have plugged in sometimes
If you go over to the Pi hut they sell a lead with switch that goes between the power supply and the Pi. The only other way to switch off the Pi is to unplug it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fully turn off Raspberry Pi from Kodi power button - only goes into standby(?)0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.