Scraped covers downloaded in abysmally low quality
This may not be an issue for people using Kodi on a TV however, I project to a 108" screen so it hits me hard when I see jackets blurred and pixelated.

I use the Estuary skin so, when I click on any title I get the description on the left, fanart in the center, and the jacket on the right. What I am noticing is that the jacket appears to be a thumbnail of 154 x 213px when it should be at least 342 x 513 px. 

Is there any setting I can alter to solve this please?
(2021-01-18, 16:40)QT-Pro Wrote: What I am noticing is that the jacket appears to be a thumbnail of 154 x 213px
How did you find this resolution? I can't see how Kodi would download and cache to such a tiny size.

Add the first two tags to your advancedsettings.xml file with the value of 9999 for both... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#imageres
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-18, 21:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 16:40)QT-Pro Wrote: What I am noticing is that the jacket appears to be a thumbnail of 154 x 213px
How did you find this resolution? I can't see how Kodi would download and cache to such a tiny size.

Add the first two tags to your advancedsettings.xml file with the value of 9999 for both... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#imageres
Well, I admit that it is not possible to see the image resolution on my Android TV box (Ugoos AM6) however, when using Windows I can view everything in Kodi's settings. 

Using Kodi on my PC shows that many of the jackets are perfect while some are extremely pixelated. I should perhaps point out that my PC has a UHD screen (4K). Very small resolution images will obviously look poor with it.

Although Kodi's userdata folder contains folder images at 154 x 231 px, I also note it contains every single image on my entire PC which would indicate it scanned the PC for all image content. If that is correct, it leads me to a potential culprit for these low res images. Prior to getting my AM6 TV box, I had a Mede8er X6003D player which placed all scanned content in the same directory as the movie. Covers were 342 x 513 px and folders were 154 x 231 px. This content is still there which makes me think one of 2 things may be happening: 
1. Kodi scanned those folder images and placed copies in its userdata directory which it now uses instead of its own downloaded content, or 
2. Content found in the movie's directory is overriding Kodi's content. There is one thing that makes me think this cannot be the case. Up until a week ago when Ugoos released a firmware update, the AM6 had an issue with its ethernet connection in CoreELEC and would not scan anything so I attempted to manually download content and compile an xml file from the TVDB.org and placed all of these in the same folders as my TV series. Kodi did not display any of this content.
Quote:Add the first two tags to your advancedsettings.xml file
Which first two tags are you referring to please? 
Also, as I'm using CoreELEC, how do I get to create an advancedsettings.xml file on that? I have been warned not to use Windows to add anything to CoreELEC as being Linux based it would become corrupted.
(2021-01-19, 10:09)QT-Pro Wrote: Which first two tags are you referring to please? 
The first two tags in that link.

<imageres>9999</imageres>
<fanartres>9999</fanartres>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As I'm using CoreELEC, how do I get to create an advancedsettings.xml file on that, or should I be asking this in the CoreELEC community forum?
(2021-01-19, 11:00)QT-Pro Wrote: As I'm using CoreELEC, how do I get to create an advancedsettings.xml file on that, or should I be asking this in the CoreELEC community forum?
Create it as a text file in Notepad then SSH over to CoreELEC. Nothing will become corrupt, transferring files from Windows is perfectly fine.
If you're worried about encoding and suchlike, use an editor like Notepad++ and in there set it to unix style carriage returns etc.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraped covers downloaded in abysmally low quality0