• 21(current)
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
Okay sorry guys, scratch that since I can't delete my message.

I just forgot the expert mode in Kodi to allow all audio modes like DTS.

Seems to work perfectly then !
Yes , i see Profile 7 on my mkv file , is there a way to convert the profile either to 5 or 8 ? So that it works properly on kodi - Firestick . Or Should i have to use any mod exoplayer kind of to play profile 7 ?
(2021-02-25, 16:31)quietvoid Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 15:09)jkatchy2 Wrote: So What version I have to use for Firestick 4k to play DV MKV ? Your 32 bit apk or the one from quietvoid ? When i use the 32 bit version it pops up DV but with black screen and audio on Firestick 4k .
(2021-02-25, 15:51)jkatchy2 Wrote: Tested with multiple version like FEL , MEL of DV MKV either it stutters heavy or Black Screen .

The firestick can't play profile 7 FEL files, that's why you're getting a black screen.
Eventually (if I have the time) I'd like to get Kodi to convert profiles on the fly.

Otherwise all other profiles work fine for me.
How do you know if your MKV file single layer has DV support?
(2021-02-25, 23:27)jkatchy2 Wrote: Yes , i see Profile 7 on my mkv file , is there a way to convert the profile either to 5 or 8 ? So that it works properly on kodi - Firestick . Or Should i have to use any mod exoplayer kind of to play profile 7 ?
(2021-02-25, 16:31)quietvoid Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 15:09)jkatchy2 Wrote: So What version I have to use for Firestick 4k to play DV MKV ? Your 32 bit apk or the one from quietvoid ? When i use the 32 bit version it pops up DV but with black screen and audio on Firestick 4k .
(2021-02-25, 15:51)jkatchy2 Wrote: Tested with multiple version like FEL , MEL of DV MKV either it stutters heavy or Black Screen .

The firestick can't play profile 7 FEL files, that's why you're getting a black screen.
Eventually (if I have the time) I'd like to get Kodi to convert profiles on the fly.

Otherwise all other profiles work fine for me.

As by what quietvoid said.
The firestick can play profile 7 MEL and not FEL.

So you can look at some lists online to check whenever the remux you are trying to watch is FEL or MEL.
(2021-02-25, 00:00)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 23:56)Martolk Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 22:38)fandangos Wrote: Only commercial players are able to play dual layer dolby vision content. 
You can buy an OPPO 203 or one of it's clones if this format is important to you.

Yes, I know it. It's not a problem. The only case I want to solve is stuttering when I'm playing from SMB resource. Do You have any ideas why it's happening? It stutters at same scenes, not randomly. It shouldn't be from the bandwidth. Even via internet (about 100 Mbit) I can play movies more than 50 GB, with bitrate more than 60 Mbit/s. The shared folder is in the local network and the read speed should be more than needed.

If it's in the same scenes this sounds very much like bandwidth botleneck.
Networking can have several points of bottlenecking.

You can trying sharing your files by other protocols from your NAS like NFS and see if that makes any difference.
Also confirm on your router that the wan negotiation is done at gigabit and not at 100mbit.

Yesterday I installed Zyxel NAS326 to my network environment and shared an attached removable HDD with .mkv DV video files. Works great now. The only issue (not so important) was with one of the files. When I seek or change the chapter something crash and picture stays still. In this scenario I have to stop it and play it again. If I don't change progress position works just as expected. Thank You again for the support!
(2021-02-25, 16:01)djnice Wrote: Via ExoPlayer

I took a quick look at the code фтв ерштл ExoPlayer process FEL as MEL
* I took a quick look at the code and think ExoPlayer process FEL as MEL
(2021-02-26, 11:31)Martolk Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 00:00)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 23:56)Martolk Wrote: Yes, I know it. It's not a problem. The only case I want to solve is stuttering when I'm playing from SMB resource. Do You have any ideas why it's happening? It stutters at same scenes, not randomly. It shouldn't be from the bandwidth. Even via internet (about 100 Mbit) I can play movies more than 50 GB, with bitrate more than 60 Mbit/s. The shared folder is in the local network and the read speed should be more than needed.

If it's in the same scenes this sounds very much like bandwidth botleneck.
Networking can have several points of bottlenecking.

You can trying sharing your files by other protocols from your NAS like NFS and see if that makes any difference.
Also confirm on your router that the wan negotiation is done at gigabit and not at 100mbit.

Yesterday I installed Zyxel NAS326 to my network environment and shared an attached removable HDD with .mkv DV video files. Works great now. The only issue (not so important) was with one of the files. When I seek or change the chapter something crash and picture stays still. In this scenario I have to stop it and play it again. If I don't change progress position works just as expected. Thank You again for the support!

Ha probado alguna pelicula de Lord of the ring o Hobbit? hace judder? a mi por ejemplo en la primera escena del hobbit 1, cuando sale el mapa, a los pocos minutos de empezar la pelicula, se ven microtartamudeos. 
La ves bien con el Nas?
I didn't tested, because I have two wayer remuxed version and Kodi doesn't support it. When I try to play second layer (the one with DV) the screen goes green and have only sound.
(2021-02-26, 15:04)Martolk Wrote: I didn't tested, because I have two wayer remuxed version and Kodi doesn't support it. When I try to play second layer (the one with DV) the screen goes green and have only sound.

Dolby Vision MKV's definitely do not work (single or dual layer). I tested using a single layer that was remuxed with MakeMKV v1.15.4 via USB to TV and it activates DV (most TV's should have a notification either at the top or bottom), but when playing that exact MKV via nVidia Shield TV 2019 (box) only HDR10 is activated.
Is there any way I can get DV profile 5 mp4s to be processed in the same way that standard Kodi 19 would using this build? I still want DV mkvs to be processed with this build of Kodi.
(2021-02-26, 12:45)MOHAX777 Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 16:01)djnice Wrote: Via ExoPlayer

I took a quick look at the code фтв ерштл ExoPlayer process FEL as MEL

Yusesope's ExoPlayer.
I checked with FEL test files.
Having the same issue with the latest build on this thread as I did last with version before. Playback freezes in the same spot for a good 20 seconds and then freezes over and over, bandwidth limitation error, which is strange as I have no issue with running HDR. Trying to play LOTR RotK DV. Tried with and without custom advanced settings.

Any suggestions?
(2021-02-26, 20:08)eddownz Wrote: Having the same issue with the latest build on this thread as I did last with version before. Playback freezes in the same spot for a good 20 seconds and then freezes over and over, bandwidth limitation error, which is strange as I have no issue with running HDR. Trying to play LOTR RotK DV. Tried with and without custom advanced settings.

Any suggestions?

try  to set Delay after change of refreshrate to disabled
(2021-02-26, 17:38)rugbyguy9 Wrote: Dolby Vision MKV's definitely do not work (single or dual layer). I tested using a single layer that was remuxed with MakeMKV v1.15.4 via USB to TV and it activates DV (most TV's should have a notification either at the top or bottom), but when playing that exact MKV via nVidia Shield TV 2019 (box) only HDR10 is activated.

Are you sure you're running the build from this thread and not the official Kodi 19? On my Shield Pro 2019, my TV correctly switches to DV when I play an MKV with DV.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0