Cannot reproduce 4K content on my 4K TV (LG-55SM8500PLA)
Hello everybody,
I'm a bit drowned and need your help after many forums i've gone through and i can't get to digest the impression i've come into, on a question that poped up once i bought my new 4K TV.
So this what i have. Kodi 19.0 RC1 installed on H96max android box, a 4K 55SM8500PLA LG. 
I can normally enjoy 1080/720p content (by using my local network) that i've downloaded. But when it comes to 4K content then ... nada ... The screen blacks out and the screen saver comes out.
I've checked Settings/System > Display > General and Resolution 1920x1080p is greyed out (refresh rate 60.00). No other display options allowed when it comes to the White list
At this point (don't know if it makes any sense) let me underline that i'm using HDMI 2.0 cable to connect H96max and the TV.

And there goes the biggest surprise. I've got KODI on my HUAWEI P30pro and all 4k videos are played normally with no hassle at all. Via WIFI connection .... and it gives me the creeps 
So, going back now to the TV and the impossibility to digest conclusion i've come up to.
I am able to view 4K@60 fps trailers from the YouTube app located inside the TV ... i'm able to enjoy content from my home network @720/1080p. Maybe i'm also able (maybe cause i'm not interested) to stream a 4K movie using from an external source. And i really can't enjoy a 4K movie from inside my network?
What is it that i'm doing wrong? 

Million thanks in advance for your time to read this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot reproduce 4K content on my 4K TV (LG-55SM8500PLA)0