Feature Requests / Suggestions
Hey Guys - 

TMM4 (I subscribe to license) is my primary tool for organizing my collection and use it frequently.  I wanted to suggest a few features which I would find extremely beneficial if I may...
  • Toolbar / Context menu option to execute string / script: Once I make edits in TMM4, my next step is to always update necessary libraries in Plex.  If possible to have a toolbar / context meu option to execute one or more custom script or string, it would be very helpful as I could then use Plex's CLI options to perform the updates.  Was going to suggest some sort of Plex integration, but sure that's a big ask...
  • Context Menu Option to Search YouTube via Browser for Trailer:  For titles which don't auto download a trailer, I end up having to search YouTube for it.  If possible to have a context menu option to launch a browser tab which searches YouTube for "trailer (title) (year)" would be helpful
  • Settings Option for Duplicate 3D/non-3D Titles:  If I have many of the same title in 3D & non-3D, both appear when "Show duplicates" is selected in filtering.  I'd love to see a setting in options which when enabled would ignore duplicates if one of them is 3D to make results much cleaner
  • Settings Option to Schedule Data Source Updates:  The way I have things set up, I have scripting which moves titles around each night prior to Plex maintenance therefor I must update my data sources daily in TMM4. Due to my library size, it takes a while for this to occur, so if possible to have an option to schedule this (if app is open), that would be great.
  • CLI Option to Gracefully Close TMM4:  Since the above isn't an option, I've considered a script which closes TMM4, uses it's CLI to update the libraries, then relaunches TMM3 once done which I could execute via task scheduler.  Unfortunately, it seems there's no CLI option to gracefully close TMM4 therefore would have to end task which I'm afraid would lead to corruption.  If there was such an option, it would be a great workaround.

I'm currently using TMM 4.0.7.

Think that's it - Thanks for all your work!
- BzowK -
the good news:
points 1, 2, 4 and 5 should be possible soon, since we have 2 features in work:

a) option to enable/call an external script based on the selected movies/TV shows (parameters should be fully dynamic via JMTE parameters)
b) a HTTP API to call those CLI commands via HTTP (so no close is needed, and you can trigger update data sources and so on via jobs/curl)

according to #3 we're still unsure how to handle multi version movies. We will re-think the whole handling after we could finish v4.1
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for the reply...

Awesome - look forward to it!

On a separate note, any attention that could be given to issue #1199 would be great, too... Smile

Thanks!
- BzowK -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests / Suggestions0