Shows across multiple folders
I currently store my media in two different locations based on status. However some shows get split between the two locations. In programs like Plex or Kodi those shows are combined into 1 complete series. In TMM I am seeing the show listed twice. Is there a way to tell TMM to combine the shows into one?
I just had a thought about that, but I suppose this will not be able because tmm will manage the files if the show is split across _several_ data sources. 

Kodi may just display playable files from various sources, but tmm needs to "manage" those files. If there is more than one possible source/target for the episode, tmm will not be able to distinguish _where_ to put it. On the other side if you run the renamer -> what do you expect _where_ the folders should be created and the files moved?

sorry, but I see neither a possible solution nor the need for that
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
No single episode is in multiple locations. What can happen is that as I watch stuff things get moved to a watched folder. So I have a /Unseen/<show> and a /seen/<show> directories. Season 1 episodes 1-5 might be /seen and 6-10 might be in /unseen. Combining these directories shouldn't be a significant issue.
from tmms view this is makes no difference. You have 1 show object with x episode objects! but in your case the show object does have 2 (or more) data sources -> what should tmm do if you press rename for all episodes?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-02-18, 16:40)mlaggner Wrote: from tmms view this is makes no difference. You have 1 show object with x episode objects! but in your case the show object does have 2 (or more) data sources -> what should tmm do if you press rename for all episodes?

Fairly standard practice is to keep the primary base folder for that file that is identified and base the rename paths relative to that. IE if D:\Unseen is the base directory provided, and "D:\Unseen\Dragnet\Dragnet - [01x01] - The LSD Story" exists, the new format should use D:\Unseen as relative base renaming path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows across multiple folders0