Ember deleting .actors Directory Junction and contents of common .actors folder
Finally decided to try a newer version of Ember and I'm running into an issue.  Not sure if this is a bug, a setting I'm missing, or if it's just not working the way I'd like it to.

I have the .actors folder in each movie folder set up as a directory junction (symbolic link, symlink) to a common .actors folder.    This worked fine with Ember Media Manager v1.2, but with version 1.9.2 it deletes the content of the common .actors folder, deletes the junction and then creates a .actors folder under the movie.

The directory junctions are created using a batch file, but essentially the command ran against each movie folder is "mklink /J /movies/movieXYZ/.actors /.actors"

My guess is that Ember is first deleting the contents of the actor folder, falsely determining the folder doesn't exist and creating a new one, and then downloading the new actors.   I tried checking the "keep existing" options on the "Actor Thumbs" image scraper, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Is there simple solution for this that I'm overlooking?
Sorry for my late answer.
All images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be re-written if a movie (etc.) has been edited or rescraped. The reason for this is to get shure that every image is correct even if the user has enabled multiple file names for the same image type (e.g. "fanart.jpg" and "<filename>-fanart.jpg").
"Keep existing" is only to use an already existing image instead of scraping a new one. The file itself will be loaded and re-written anyway.

For actor thumbs, extrafanarts and extrathumbs the whole folder will be deleted because it's easier than deleting every image. Whould it help when i change this function to only delete the images and keep the existing folder before re-writing the images?
(2021-02-25, 19:59)DanCooper Wrote: Sorry for my late answer.
All images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be re-written if a movie (etc.) has been edited or rescraped. The reason for this is to get shure that every image is correct even if the user has enabled multiple file names for the same image type (e.g. "fanart.jpg" and "<filename>-fanart.jpg").
"Keep existing" is only to use an already existing image instead of scraping a new one. The file itself will be loaded and re-written anyway.

For actor thumbs, extrafanarts and extrathumbs the whole folder will be deleted because it's easier than deleting every image. Whould it help when i change this function to only delete the images and keep the existing folder before re-writing the images?

Thanks for responding.   I don't think that would help, because it sounds like everything in the common actors folder would still get deleted.   For me the solution would be to not delete the folder or its associated images, but instead replace any actor images with the downloaded ones.   However, I can see that might create orphaned actor images overtime.  I think I'll just work around this with a script to backup the actors folder before launching EMM and then moving new actors and fixing the directory junctions after it closes.  Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember deleting .actors Directory Junction and contents of common .actors folder0