Name USB Drive changed after updating to Matrix
Hey Guys,

Just a small question here.
Why did the name of my USB Drive (attach to my Nvidia Shield) changed from 'Seageate' to a serie of numbers and letters (B12xxxx769e) after updating to Matrix?
Same problem here.  Can't see anything in settings to correct this.
This might have been fixed in development builds lately: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19523 Also see linked issues and PRs.

PS: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-matrix-191-release (saw this just minutes after writing this reply), although the release notes only mention SMB shares not USB drive names
A fix is included in v19.1 which in is in the process of being released to Play store. For Shield users the the mounted SMB issue should also be fixed.
(2021-05-10, 12:12)jjd-uk Wrote: A fix is included in v19.1 which in is in the process of being released to Play store. For Shield users the the mounted SMB issue should also be fixed.
Thank you Team Kodi Smile
(2021-05-10, 19:16)shota99 Wrote:
(2021-05-10, 12:12)jjd-uk Wrote: A fix is included in v19.1 which in is in the process of being released to Play store. For Shield users the the mounted SMB issue should also be fixed.
Thank you Team Kodi Smile
Yes that's correct. A recent nightly made the change. All fixed. Thank you Kodi. Nice work.

I recently posted this in another thread, but in 19.1, my external USB drive name no longer shows up as the predictable, consistent xxxx-xxxx, where the x's are hex digits. Instead, 19.1 replaced it with a long, random string of characters, like M^mm00, but much longer. I wish I had snapped a picture of it, but I just reverted back to 19.0, which solved the problem. I'm using a Fire Stick 4K FWIW.
(2021-05-10, 23:16)adamgosp Wrote: Yes that's correct. A recent nightly made the change. All fixed. Thank you Kodi. Nice work

Adam, can you confirm if this fix works with the nvidia shield? ( Still waiting for the update in Play Store)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Name USB Drive changed after updating to Matrix0