Solved [v19] Fanart-View missing in Rapier 12.2.26
Hi Gade!

I stll love your Skin as it is imho the most flexible and best looking skins ever published. But after upgrading to Kodi 19.0 i realized that the FANART-View is missing.

This is tough as this was my preferrend View inside Movi Collections. I hope this was not deleted on purpose? May i hope that this will be re-animated in some future update??

Kind Regards,
Hi Reelyator.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support.
I really appreciate it. Smile

All views has been recoded from scratch for Rapier 12.
This makes the skin much faster and has reduced a ton of code.

Fanart view has been removed, since I felt it didn't fit with the skin design.
Sorry.

See in this post what has been changed, improved, added and the new features: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343552

Cheers,
Gade
(2021-02-27, 14:01)Gade Wrote: .....Fanart view has been removed, since I felt it didn't fit with the skin design....
Cheers,
Gade
Thank you for letting me know Gade"

Now let´s see if i can make you Re-Think your assessment;-)

The various LIST-Views are great for displaying a large number of Enties. WALL and 3D Warp work well when a MEDIUM to LARGE amount of Entries needs to be displayed.

But all existing views look strange, when just a SMALL amount of Entries must be displayed. Such as:
- Movie Collections (with 2-3 Movies)
- Mini Series or short TV-Show Seasons (with e. g. 5 Episodes
Here all views look strange, when the biggest Part of the List/Display is empty. Even WALL looks strange when just a small amaount of Entries is diplayed. See screenshot below.
The biggest Part of the Screen is emptiness even wit the large format posters.....

In such situations a View is needed, that displays the individual entry prominently. With the Poster/picture of theindividual Entry filling a large Portion of the Display.The Fanart View was great for that with its simple combination of Poster and Fanart with just a minimum amount of additionasl Media Information.

Summing up:
The existing Rapier Views are great for displaying  Medium-Large amounts of Entries. But now with the Fanart-View deleted there is a Gap when in comes to displaying Small amounts of enties. I hope this Gap can be closed in the future. Either by Reanimationg the Fanart View or any other View type were the individual entry is displayed prominently and fills the whole display.

I hope this does not sound like moaning. This is intended as constructive feedback to support the continuous improvement of a already great skin!

Kind Regards,
Dear Gade,
what are your thoughts about my last post (above)?
Could i make you Re-Think the deletion of the Fanart-View??

Kind Regards,
Hi Reelyator.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Sorry, Fanart View will not be added again.
For Rapier 12, I have spent weeks recoding the views, optimizing the code and rebuilding the skin to significantly speed up everything.
So readding a removed view type is not an option.

I agree that Wall and 3D Wrap views should not be used for movie sets or mini series.
But I think Views like Icon, List, List Info, List Info 2, List Info 3 and Thumbs Info works great for content like movie sets or mini series.
Have you considered the "Expanded" view option setting for List and List Info 2 views? Or clear logo/clear art view option setting for Thumbs Info view?

I'm very open to adjusting the existing views where possible, if you have any ideas.
Maybe adding "Expanded" view option for List Info 3 or something similar.

Cheers.
(2021-03-04, 17:21)Gade Wrote: I'm very open to adjusting the existing views where possible, if you have any ideas....

Cheers.
Thank you Gade!!

How about somwthing like a vertical modification of the 3D Warp with the Posters scrolling vertically on the left side of the display, The Info on the bottom and a large Area for the Fanart on the right side?

I hope this illustrates, what i mean...
Hi Reelyatyor.

Ok, I must admit that this is a great idea!

I gotta start coding this Big Grin
(2021-03-06, 18:47)Gade Wrote: ....I gotta start coding this Big Grin

Thank you Gade! Really looking forward to the next update of your amazing Skin!!
@Reelyator 
What do you think?

....really Nice!!

And pretty close to my old beloved Fanart View as well:-)

You are my Hero, Gade!!
For curiosity @Gade Will this new View make it into the next Update of Rapier??
Absolutely.

I'll clean it up and push out a development update soon.
I just pushed v12.2.30 to my development repo.

Please test it out and let me know if there are any bugs.
....never done that before...
How can i install the latest version from the Developement Repo?
.... And how can i make sure only Rapier is updated from the Developement Repo and not all other Add-ons as well??
Here's how to intall the development repo: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository

Other addons will not update from the development repo unless you do it manually Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[v19] Fanart-View missing in Rapier 12.2.260