Screen blnking doesn't go away with Kodi android remote.
Hi !

I have a Kodi session running on my Intel NUC and Ubuntu 20.04 (autostart). This is a very old system with an several times upgraded system over the years.
After some time (probably 10 minutes) the screen goes blank despite disabling the power saving in kodi itself.

The problem is now that with the latest kodi release the blanking doesn't go off when I connect via Android remote and press left/right/up/down.
The blanking is disabled as soon as I start playing something via direct remote command or if i plug in a keyboard in my nuc and press a key.

Anyone got a tip to solve this ?
disable the OS screen saver and dpms
My Linux knowledge is a little bit limited...
I had disabled the Energy saving things in the UI of XFCE4 already but from my understanding XFCE isn't even running when Kodi is active because Kodi runs on my system as session directly launched by LightDM.
I also removed the XFCE4 screensaver from the system without success.

DPMS was already switched off but it seems that the X internal screensaver was still active according to "xset q -display :0"
(Screen Saver:  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes  cycle:  600 )

Disabling for the session works with "xset s off -display :0" and that fixed my problem (=is a good workaround for the not waking up from android remote app)
I only have to find a proper place to add this command at each X startup but my system is more than 7 years old (username: xbmc.....) and I'm not sure which config file is working, probably .xsession
My current hack is a cron job "@reboot sleep 60 && /usr/bin/xset s off -display :0"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen blnking doesn't go away with Kodi android remote.0