Kodi Matrix crash: .nfo files with special characters (split from Aeon MQ 7)
Thanks for the update. I'll install it later.

I have finally found out what causes the crashes on my Matrix install. It is 100% the service.library.data.provider addon.

I removed the service.library.data.provider line from the skin addon.xml file, so I could uninstall the service.library.data.provider addon. No stability issues anymore.

I got a pop up message to install service.library.data.provider. I installed the addon, and Kodi immediately crashed and again...and again.

service.library.data.provider hasn't been updated in months unfortunately. It should be Python 3 compatible, but I'm having serious issues with it.

I have a main menu on my system, containing 6 submenu's. I've done this by creating videonodes for my movie library. Do you have any idea if this might cause the conflict with the service.library.data.provider addon?

EDIT: I think I found the culprit. "BLOB" values in my video database. It seems that Matrix has issues with special characters like ë in the movie description in my .nfo.files.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2021-02-25, 02:55)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968

Ah...those special characters still causing problems.

I had about 10 movies and 1 tv show in my library that had a special character like é, ë or an è in the title or description. Leia never had any issues with these special characters, but Matrix immediately crashes. I think the script.module.unidecode for Matrix is behaving differently.

I had to generate new nfo files for these movies. The special characterars é, ë and è look weird now in the nfo file. Media Companion seems to convert these characters into an appropriate format. I rescanned my video library and Matrix is stable now.

Here's a screenshot from a part of a newly created .nfo file. You can see how Media Companion converts the ë into a weird looking character. But those weird looking characters work.

Windows 11 Pro

(2021-03-17, 23:14)jinux Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 23:02)MB1968 Wrote: Thanks for the update. I'll install it later.

I have finally found out what causes the crashes on my Matrix install. It is 100% the service.library.data.provider addon.

I removed the service.library.data.provider line from the skin addon.xml file, so I could uninstall the service.library.data.provider addon. No stability issues anymore.

I got a pop up message to install service.library.data.provider. I installed the addon, and Kodi immediately crashed and again...and again.

service.library.data.provider hasn't been updated in months unfortunately. It should be Python 3 compatible, but I'm having serious issues with it.

I have a main menu on my system, containing 6 submenu's. I've done this by creating videonodes for my movie library. Do you have any idea if this might cause the conflict with the service.library.data.provider addon?

EDIT: I think I found the culprit. "BLOB" values in my video database. It seems that Matrix has issues with special characters like ë in the movie description in my .nfo.files.
Same here, i did not knew what was going on, but as soon as i deleted the library.data.provider, the crashes stop. Does anyone know, how to make it that it never installs again. Because almost every skin i try, installs this plugin. Even the kodi repository Aeon Nox Silvo skin.

I do not know what to do, is it ok to just delete it everytime a skin installs, can it hurt anything?
Ofcourse there are always strange characters in my library...

ps. Oh and ofcourse this goes without saying, big thanks for the skin ported to matrix :-)
Did you scrape your library by using local nfo files? Special characters for the movie title or movie description (é, ë, ë, etc), in the nfo files, were the cause of my crashes.

I opened MyVideos119.db in DB Browser SQLite (a program on my pc) and checked the movies table. It appeared that the title/description field was "corrupted". It showed a hexadecimal value "BLOB" for about 10 movies.

I created new nfo files for the problematic movies. This solved my crashes.
Windows 11 Pro

(2021-03-18, 17:44)MB1968 Wrote:  

Thanks for answering me.

@Juan Mortyme  well i do not know the version, it installed with mq8. I now see this is the mq7 thread ..... sorry about that.
@MB1968 Yes I use local nfo. So i guess i have to look for BLOBS in my 40000+ songs, 5000+ episodes and 1500+ movies to see if there are any? Just do not know how to do that. I do not understand why Leia has no problems with my local nfo? Also why do special characters give problems, they are characters too, you know ! Well i probably need to install the sqlite package.

Thanks i will try to search for errors in my local nfo then, however i think these special characters should not be an issue, they are there for a good reason.
@Juan Mortyme  Yes i see it is 0.4.1 version. I thought i'd install mq7 mod thru the repo, but it just keeps crashing kodi at installing it. I see in my addons folder it downloads the service.library.data.provider-0.4.1 so ill probably need to fix nfo files if i want to use these skins and matrix.

@MB1968 I just looked for this sqlite, i see sqlanalyzer.exe and then i opened cmdline put the MyVideo.db then i get hundreds of screens with percentages and numbers, no idea how i can look for any special characters in my nfo files this way. Probably i must be doing something very wrong, haha :-(
It has to do with my music collection. When i delete mymusic database it is ok. Then i put it back in, it crashes again. omg, how the hell do i look for special characters in my nfo.

No way lucky me, i think it was Sinéad O'conner, it was something like Sin-|ead i changed it to Sinead, and it seems to be working now. Wait to see if i update refresh the libraries again to see what happens. If that was it, im so lucky... I had to go over lots of nfo files otherwise .....
Ehm. Nope Sadly, that was not it. Back to Leia. But then without my TV ip channels, because its not suported anymore on leia :-(
(2021-03-18, 23:14)jinux Wrote: @Juan Mortyme  Yes i see it is 0.4.1 version. I thought i'd install mq7 mod thru the repo, but it just keeps crashing kodi at installing it. I see in my addons folder it downloads the service.library.data.provider-0.4.1 so ill probably need to fix nfo files if i want to use these skins and matrix.

@MB1968 I just looked for this sqlite, i see sqlanalyzer.exe and then i opened cmdline put the MyVideo.db then i get hundreds of screens with percentages and numbers, no idea how i can look for any special characters in my nfo files this way. Probably i must be doing something very wrong, haha :-(

I'm using this program on my pc:
https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/

No need to use the command line. After installing DB Browser SQ Lite, open MyMusic82.db and click on Browse Data.
You'll see a list with tables, like "album, album_artist, etc

Open the table "album" and check if you're seeing the value BLOB in text fields. Remove the value for that specific field. Follow the same procedure for the other tables and click on Write Changes when you're finished.
You can sort the table colums, by clicking on the column header. By doing so, you'll get a better overview.

Like you, I did not have any problems with special characters/BLOB values in my database with Leia. But Matrix immediately crashes. It took me a while to find, what was causing this and to be honest, I was quite surprises that I was the only one dealing with this nasty problem.

Removing those BLOB values in MyVideos119.db fixed the issue for me. Unfortunately I can't guarantee it will work for you but I wish you the best of luck.
Windows 11 Pro

(2021-03-19, 10:40)MB1968 Wrote:
(2021-03-18, 23:14)jinux Wrote: @Juan Mortyme  Yes i see it is 0.4.1 version. I thought i'd install mq7 mod thru the repo, but it just keeps crashing kodi at installing it. I see in my addons folder it downloads the service.library.data.provider-0.4.1 so ill probably need to fix nfo files if i want to use these skins and matrix.

I'm using this program on my pc:
https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/

No need to use the command line. After installing DB Browser SQ Lite, open MyMusic82.db and click on Browse Data.
You'll see a list with tables, like "album, album_artist, etc

Open the table "album" and check if you're seeing the value BLOB in text fields. Remove the value for that specific field. Follow the same procedure for the other tables and click on Write Changes when you're finished.
You can sort the table colums, by clicking on the column header. By doing so, you'll get a better overview.

Like you, I did not have any problems with special characters/BLOB values in my database with Leia. But Matrix immediately crashes. It took me a while to find, what was causing this and to be honest, I was quite surprises that I was the only one dealing with this nasty problem.

Removing those BLOB values in MyVideos119.db fixed the issue for me. Unfortunately I can't guarantee it will work for you but I wish you the best of luck.

Oh thank you for the link, i just came home from work, so now i will try this.
Now i got something to work with. Many thanks. @MB1968
@MB1968  Just to be sure do i look in the red square? or the blue square? I have no idea where to look for the BLOB value... It is so much to look at.

Oh wait, got it, did not press browse data. Can i just put BLOB in the searchfield, would that work ? ill try.
@MB1968  Im trying to search for BLOB, but i do not think this is a BLOB:

Am i doing it correct now ? Im searching all the tables like this ...
(2021-03-19, 22:44)jinux Wrote: @MB1968  Im trying to search for BLOB, but i do not think this is a BLOB:

Am i doing it correct now ? Im searching all the tables like this ...
Yes, this is the correct procedure. Just a coincedence that you're seeing The Blob.

Look for BLOB, the text is grey and the field is hexadecimal.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968  I think i found a BLOB, do i just delete all the hex value?

Hey Bingo, I go several BLOBS out, and now Kodi seems to be not crashing anymore.

But..... what will happen if i refresh the database again with my local nfo?
How nice that it also working for you. I advise you only to delete the corrupted. nfo files. If you don't delete those corrupted .nfo.files, the problem will return.

Scrape your music libary by using an online scraper (Universal Album, Universal Artist). If there are .nfo.files in your music folder, Kodi will use those .nfo.files first. When there is no .nfo.file, Kodi will retrieve the information from online services.
Windows 11 Pro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix crash: .nfo files with special characters (split from Aeon MQ 7)0