QNAP NAS NFS Setup with Kodi
I am really struggling with setting up the Qnap NFS setup for Kodi, I have followed the Wiki via 
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFS
My structure Originally was as follows 

\\QNAPROOTNASNAME\Multimedia\Animation\{many movie sub-dirs}
\\QNAPROOTNASNAME\Multimedia\Movies\{many movie sub-dirs}
\\QNAPROOTNASNAME\Multimedia\Movies2\{many movie sub-dirs}
\\QNAPROOTNASNAME\Multimedia\TV Shows\{many TV sub-dirs}

I could not see anything below the multimedia Dir in Kodi...so i tried setting up a new test share with the animation folder to be 
\\QNAPROOTNASNAME\Animation\{many movie sub-dirs}
This allowed me to see another layer down so i could see all the movie folders in this directory; but it does not go beyond that layer and not seeing any of the movie files in the sub-dir's.
I stopped at step 12 and tired to get to the dir's from  Kodi expecting to see results of the changes...and to some degree i can tell it did something because before i wasn't able to access the main .\Animation directory at all...and now i can see 1 layer below...but it always seems to stop there. 

In the past, I've never been able to get this to work correctly and just said "screw it" and used SMB instead, but i hear that using NFS is much faster and would like this to work. Can someone please assist with some tips or another set of eyes on what i may be doing wrong?
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2021-04-18, 06:27)Shredder_guitar Wrote: but i hear that using NFS is much faster
In theory, and for some it probably is, because the NFS protocol has less "overhead" than SMB. But 'your milage may vary' as they say. And "much faster"..? I doubt it. NFS does not magically double your network connection.

(2021-04-18, 06:27)Shredder_guitar Wrote: I could not see anything below the multimedia Dir in Kodi
What does the /etc/exports file in your Qnap NAS look like? You'll have to SSH into your NAS for finding that.
(2021-04-18, 07:25)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-04-18, 06:27)Shredder_guitar Wrote: but i hear that using NFS is much faster
In theory, and for some it probably is, because the NFS protocol has less "overhead" than SMB. But 'your milage may vary' as they say. And "much faster"..? I doubt it. NFS does not magically double your network connection.
(2021-04-18, 06:27)Shredder_guitar Wrote: I could not see anything below the multimedia Dir in Kodi
What does the /etc/exports file in your Qnap NAS look like? You'll have to SSH into your NAS for finding that.

*removed*

*NOTE - I have since removed the "Animation" folder as a share and is now back to being a sub dir of the Multimedia folder
With old(er)Synology NASes, I had to change the insecure parameter to insecure_locks to fix a similiar problem. But that is about the extend of my support for this issue I'm afraid. QNAP may handle things differently internally.
(2021-04-18, 07:57)Klojum Wrote: With old(er)Synology NASes, I had to change the insecure parameter to insecure_locks to fix a similiar problem. But that is about the extend of my support for this issue I'm afraid. QNAP may handle things differently internally.

*sigh* SMB it is then. Ha. Thanks anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QNAP NAS NFS Setup with Kodi0