Bug RPi4 with LibreELEC 9.2.6 - audio is resampled to 48kHz over DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF
Hi all!

A few weeks ago I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB and I installed LibreELEC 9.2.6.

I configured the audio output device to DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF because I use an external USB DAC. The problem is that all audio files are resampled at 48kHz, no matter they are 44.1/16 or 96/24. "Output configuration" is set to "Best match"and "Limit sampling rate" at 96kHz (maximum sample rate supported by my DAC via USB input). I tried also with DigiHug USB Audio Analog as audio output device with same result, the audio files are resampled at 48kHz.

With LibreELEC 10 Beta I don't have audio at all over DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF and over DigiHug USB Audio Analog the audio files are resampled at 48kHz.

With Raspberry Pi OS on RPi4 everything is ok, the audio isn't resampled at 48kHz over DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF.

On my Raspberry Pi 3B+ with LibreELEC 9.2.6 I don't have this problem. All audio files are sent at their original sample rate to the DAC with the same settings (DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF, "Best match" and limit sample rate 96kHz).

I know that if I use "Best match" at output configuration and the software volume in Kodi is set 100%, the audio output should be passed unaltered, bit perfect, and this is my goal.

On LibreELEC forum I received this answer after checking debug log on my RPi4 but unfortunately no solution:
Quote:On LibreELEC 9.2.6 Kodi falls back from the SPDIF to the Analog USB device, on LibreELEC 10 Kodi falls back from the SPDIF to HDMI

Does anyone knows what is happening, how could I solve this problem?

Thank you!
Well, I am Debian 12 on a PC, but to get right frequency rate to USB I had to do a sink by my self and set the format to S24_3LE (what I understand is USB standard). So in my .asoundrc I put:

Code:

pcm.device{
        type hw
        card 1
        device 0
        format S24_3LE
        channels 2
}
pcm.!default{
    type plug
    slave.pcm "device"
}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi4 with LibreELEC 9.2.6 - audio is resampled to 48kHz over DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF0