Is there any way to get rid of the freaking OSD controls?
(2021-05-16, 12:16)Hitcher Wrote: Quick and easy way to have the OSD hide after 5 seconds.

Download Custom_1111_CloseOSD.xml and drop it in Kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml and restart Kodi.

Thank you for the config to hide the OSD.  But, it doesn't seem to hide OSD even after several minutes.  I like the 5 seconds limit. Btw, the folder (Kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml) did not exist in Windows or Android (.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/) and I created it and dropped the xml file in that dir. Then, I restarted Kodi. 

Here is what I did on my Fire TV:

Code:

mkdir -p /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/

adb push Custom_1111_CloseOSD.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/

adb shell ls -l /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/

adb shell cat /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Custom_1111_CloseOSD.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window id="1111" type="dialog">
        <defaultcontrol>11</defaultcontrol>
        <visible>System.IdleTime(5) + [Window.IsVisible(videoosd) | Window.IsVisible(musicosd) | Window.IsVisible(gameosd)]</visible>
        <controls>
                <control type="button" id="11">
                        <include>HiddenObject</include>
                        <onfocus>Dialog.Close(all,true)</onfocus>
                </control>
        </controls>
</window>
It needs to go into the existing Estuary folder within the system addons folder, this is under the install location. Simply dropping the single files into a folder you created under Userdata is not going to work. Using Kodi's own File Manager then special://xbmc get you to the install folder or special://xbmc/addons to the addons folder or
special://xbmc/addons/estuary/xml to go straight to folder the xml needs to go in, for more on special paths see https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol
(2021-05-16, 17:05)jjd-uk Wrote: It needs to go into the existing Estuary folder within the system addons folder,
Ok, I tried the Kodi File Manager in Fire TV to copy the file from /sdcard to the special://xbmc/addons/estuary/xml folder but am unable to do so. 

But, I tried it in Windows (C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml) and your config works fine. Thanks a ton.

So, I have to figure out a way to copy the file in Fire TV as I the /data folder is not accessible and not sure how to copy the file using Kodi File Manager. I tried to move the file from left pane (/sdcard) to the right pane (special://xbmc/addons/estuary/xml) and it's not letting me do it.

/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/: Permission denied

EDIT: Never mind. I got it working. Thanks again and it works in both windows and android.  Much appreciate your help.

This is why I love more and more about Kodi.  You can pretty much customize anything is, in a word, unbelievable. And, the support from the dev team is outstanding!

If you think about it, the OP, @CCrows, wanted to find how to hide OSD and the way he asked and the tone he set didn't get to the solution. Hopefully, he reads this thread now so that he can use this solution to hide OSD to his liking.
(2021-05-16, 17:37)RainGater Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 17:05)jjd-uk Wrote:  

This is why I love more and more about Kodi.  You can pretty much customize anything is, in a word, unbelievable. And, the support from the dev team is outstanding!

If you think about it, the OP, @CCrows, wanted to find how to hide OSD and the way he asked and the tone he set didn't get to the solution. Hopefully, he reads this thread now so that he can use this solution to hide OSD to his liking.
Agreed! This is the "get shit done!" Best on the planet forum Smile

Edit: btw, the skin settings in AeonNox Silvo has this function built-in, so you might want to check your skin settings if you're not using default skin.
Edit: just spotted that the xml is visible in a previous post. I'll try that.

Thank you for your fire tv guide. It looks like the workaround file is now deleted. Any chance you have a copy to share please?

The main thing which worked for me for years is I want to be able to click the Select button on my fire remote to play/pause but see the OSD with all the stats. In a dark room trying to find the play/pause button can make me click something else at times. Even when remapped it to the Select button I have to find back to close the OSD.

Such a shame that was changed. I don't need a full screen image of the movie with no stats when paused.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any way to get rid of the freaking OSD controls?0