LG CX has no DTS support. How do I work around that?
Hello! I've been ripping blu-ray discs for my Kodi server, and everything works great! I recently purchased the LG CX OLED TV. It has excellent support for media servers, but I discovered that many of my movies start playing the wrong audio track (often one that has voiceover describing the on-screen action for visually-impaired viewers). I can switch to other audio tracks, but the "correct" one is usually missing. In short, my research has revealed that the LG CX lacks the DTS audio codec, and it turns out that many (most?) of my blu-ray discs use 7.1 DTS for the primary English audio track. As a result, the list of available audio tracks on my TV is much shorter than the list when (for example) connecting via VLC from my PC.

I'm still a Kodi newb. I messed with a few audio settings with no luck, but I really don't know what I'm doing. Can I configure Kodi to transcode (is that the right word?) DTS audio to something else (AC3 or PCM)? I'm OK downgrading the audio quality or whatever. I just want my TV to be able to play the correct audio.
(Am I unable to edit my own post? I can't find an edit button.)

Just wanted to clarify: I am running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 4, and I am connecting to it over LAN using my LG CX's interface (webOS).
Kodi is primarily design for installation on client devices connected directly to the video inputs of your TV and not to serve video over the network, thus when it is used in a server arrangement there's no transcoding over a network connection to the capabilities of the client device. If you had the Raspberry Pi connected directly to the TV then you could disable the DTS option for passthrough and enable the transcode to Dolby Digital option so DTS would re-coded to DD to send out on the HDMI output.
Ah, that's unfortunate, but thanks for the clear response! I think I will experiment with plugging my Pi directly into my TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG CX has no DTS support. How do I work around that?0